Why Torbor will start

bowery4

Does anyone honestly think Maybin would still be on the roster if he were a street free agent and not a #1 pick a year ago? Seriously. This guy will be the posterboy for the ineptness of the Bills franchise for the past decade. And James Hardy is right behind him. This guy has the IQ of a tree stump.

Given some of the speed rushing moves I saw from him on the camp videos, I have no doubt he'd stick with the team. He's going to have problems staying on the field play-in and play-out, but he should be good for some really fantastic plays, from what I see.

Methinks, like countless others I'm sure, that Maybin left college a year too early. While I have no personal experience with it, I'd have to imagine that NFL defenses are probably complex things that build on basic knowledge. This kind of basic knowledge is presumably built up through peewee, high school, and college ball. By the time you hit the NFL, you have to be ready to take that to a whole other level and incorporate that into your game. I'm not saying that all NFL players are geniuses; far from it. But they do have an understanding of the game, ingrained in them so much that it has to be instinctive to them at this point.

If Maybin never fully developed that instinctiveness in his shorter Penn State career, then I can see how it would extremely difficult to do it at this level. It has to be like trying to take Calc II without having finished Pre-Calc: you have some idea of what's going on, but a lot of it is flying by really fast and it's tough to pick up the pace. Hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad after another season in the NFL, but you really don't know. I hope for both Maybin and the Bills that he pans out.

It's probably true. he's very young and learning a new position and a new defense. I believe he also has a needs to grow into his body issue. man, what were those guys thinking...well anyway, he should at least be able to display rare athletisism this year. If not, I can't see how pro football people could be so dense?

GO BILLS!

Does anyone honestly think Maybin would still be on the roster if he were a street free agent and not a #1 pick a year ago? Seriously. This guy will be the posterboy for the ineptness of the Bills franchise for the past decade. And James Hardy is right behind him. This guy has the IQ of a tree stump.

:) Um, but he's not. Do you think the Packers would have cut Kurt Warner if he was a 1st rounder instead of an UDFA?

I love that when a player is doing good, they automatically make it so that another player is doing badly. Torbor is a solid vet who has played in a 3-4 for several years and was once a pretty big signing for the Fins. Of course he shoudl be ahead of Maybin at this point.

It's similar to Florence last year. Both Torbor and Florence were once big FAs signing at one point who had a down year and ended up here. But instead of praising the FO for solid signings, some have to find a way to knock them for something else. It's insane.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Let's just consider the possibility that Maybin isn't a very good football player.

Possible but it would be bad football to give him a higher depth chart position than he deserves from his play, but also bad football to declare a player a busy prior to three seasons of play.

There is no need to panic and not give a 1st round pick with Maybin's speed several shots at making it work,

I wasn't really posting this about Maybin but I guess there was no way to keep it off that subject. I liked Torbor and think he is a solid pick up. It is funny to me you see so many posts that say pick up a vet FA to tutor the young guy but when we do just that the young guy is a bust. Maybin gets time no doubt in my mind.

Possible but it would be bad football to give him a higher depth chart position than he deserves from his play, but also bad football to declare a player a busy prior to three seasons of play.

There is no need to panic and not give a 1st round pick with Maybin's speed several shots at making it work,

Oops. I mean declare him a bust (though it sounds like he is being quite busy in camp this year).