Positional Needs For August

Astrobot

How about we try this on the next draft:

QB: P1 (too many good ones will be there in RD1)

LT: P2 (if Carimi is there it'll take him if he's less of a reach)

RT:P3

OLB34: P3

NT: P3 (we need two; rather see Kyle Williams at DE)

WR: P4

OC/OG P4 (if Woods moves to OC it's a guard)

ILB:P5

Looks good to me! :unsure:

Edit: someone mentioned having additional players in the P2 and P3 categories to go for a more best player available approach. If that's the goal, I could see bumping OLB up to a P2. Maybe also bumping up RT and OC/OG a notch. If (for example) the Bills end up drafting a franchise-level QB in the first round and a good long-term answer at RT in the second, they'd be off to a very solid start in the draft. Obviously, getting a solid answer at LT would be better than an answer at RT. However, the odds of getting a solid answer at LT in the second round are somewhat slim. If a second round RT is considered a better value pick than a second round LT would have been, that probably means the LT isn't good enough to be the answer we need.

I'm thinking:

QB: P1 We need a franchise guy if he's there

OLB34: P2 While we have Maybin, who else has at least some potential to be a standout 3-4 olb? Let's not ignore the requirement of the 3-4 to have top notch pass rushing olb's.

LT: P2 Assuming Bell doesn't step it up

OG: P3 Let's get Wood over to center

NT: P4 We can get a rotational guy for NT here, but I'm not sold on the need. Pit will bring their NT off the field in pass rushing situations, and I can see the Bills letting TT play run downs and bringing KW in for pass rush.

RT, ILB, OG, C: P5 - Looking for backup depth and possibly hitting on one of these guys. Assuming Meredith plays well enough to start at RT and we will still need some depth at interior OL. Although I wouldn't be suprised if we pick up a guy in free agency here for the interior.

I like putting multiple positions at one level in your software because it seems to pick the bpa better. I had a lot of fun with that last draft.

The Bills will not draft a QB in the first 5 picks unless he is the second coming of Peyton Manning. There is not a chance in Hell that the Bills will negotiate a 60 million dollar contract on a QB that has any chance at all of failure. I do not think that there will be any such QB in next years draft so I do not see them taking a QB number one unless someone surprises during the season. I do think they will take a QB in rounds 2-7 in next years draft unless one of our current crop has an outstanding season.

The Bills will not draft a QB in the first 5 picks unless he is the second coming of Peyton Manning. There is not a chance in Hell that the Bills will negotiate a 60 million dollar contract on a QB that has any chance at all of failure. I do not think that there will be any such QB in next years draft so I do not see them taking a QB number one unless someone surprises during the season. I do think they will take a QB in rounds 2-7 in next years draft unless one of our current crop has an outstanding season.

Well, if the current system is in place and they have a top pick, they're going to pay a lot anyway. If there are slotted rookie salaries in the new cba they won't have to worry much about it. Either way I don't see it affecting who they're drafting.