Roscoe Parrish Injured at Camp.

live hitting gives you a better feel for the contact part of football. there are no walkthrus for tackling and blocking. or beeing tackled and blocked. you have to do it.

and that reduces injuries over the course of a season.

or at least it should ^^

I was looking forward to Roscoe getting a shot with this offense, too, and am still. I wonder why not have, in a four WR set, two slots, one on each side of the line - so you'd see Evans and Johnson or Hardy (I like Easley already as an up-and-coming WR, but I think he'll be brought along slowly) on the outside, Spiller and Parrish on the inside, have five man line, QB and either Jackson or Lynch. I think getting as many of these ultra-quick WR's our there at once will really cause defenses fits - think about it: not only are Parrish and Spiller super fast, but they're good in space, being fully capable of going the distance at any time, any place - they've got to be accounted for. Then you've got Easley, Evans, and Chad Jackson who are all also 4.3 guys. That's a lot of dangerous guys running around, which makes me think we'll have room to run, and that we'll find success there, and then, consequently, we'll see some big plays with playaction passes or just blown coverage. We're going to see big plays on offense this year. I read a recent comparison to New Orleans offense, and using spread more. Our O-line is not proven enough yet to allow us a real fully developed, unencumbered look at what our offense could be, but I do suspect we could come out surprising people, and that our coaches have modeled a team with recievers (considering our speed, and the rookies we picked up) with the dangerous, score from anywhere look that the Rams had, and Saints... but we'll have, also, a very solid, smash 'em or run around 'em running game. It's so promising but for the O-line and QB play. I think I'm going to look up and see if I can find any history for the good O-lines of today, and if any came from relative nowhere like ours might. It would certainly look so muc different if we picked up a proven LT, a young one, and we could move Bell to RT, have Meredith for backup, along with Wand and Green, and have Levitre, Hangartner, and Wood... I'd love to see Wood at center, with Hangartner a backup, and move maybe Ramsey or Howard move to RG... either way, the line would all of a sudden be strong, and could play together for four, five years... and all we'd need then is good QB play, either by one of our current guys, or if we got our franchise QB in next year's draft, then we'd have the making of an exciting, young offense to look forward to for half a decade or more - I'm liking the Nix two year plan!

Yeah, I think we go 14 -1 and one team refuses to play us because we are so fast :worthy:

I'd love to see Wood at center, with Hangartner a backup, and move maybe Ramsey or Howard move to RG...

This stood out to me... Wood played center in college, right? Has there been any real talk of him eventually moving over there? He certainly seems to have the right personality for center, intelligent, quick on his feet, leader-like.

This stood out to me... Wood played center in college, right? Has there been any real talk of him eventually moving over there? He certainly seems to have the right personality for center, intelligent, quick on his feet, leader-like.

If he hadn't been injured last year I think there is a good chance the GH and EW would be swapping positions this year. If EW is healthy all season it may happen next camp. JMO