49.6% of all people are lying to themselves

stevestojan

100% correct

145209[/snapback]

100% WRONG

Talk about not having a clue about what you are talking about.

Some side effects caused by medical use of steroids (not a complete list, but the more dangerous ones)

Diabetes (good start there)

Screwing your immune system (kind of important in fighting off disease and cancers, but hey, not a problem for you guys).

Serious psychiatric disorders (mania, psychosis)

heart attacks and strokes

high blood pressure

Steroids are VERY closely monitored by the medical profession when they are provided to patients - they are recognised as very dangerous drugs (hence the great care in handing the stuff out). The side effects are multiple and bad, but they are very effective in treating some medical problems, hence their use.

Now if you take into account the morals of someone willing to give such a dangerous drug to an athlete who does not need the sh-- for any medical reason then they will not really give a monkey's about the dangers, so, no, a professional athlete is not going to get 'good' advice from a medical professional if he takes this stuff. Just a different kind of drug dealer.

To go back to the original line on the first post - I'd say 50.3% of people in the survey were idiots or ignorant (or both). But no real surprise in that, I suppose.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A study recently published in the International Journal of Sports Medicine found that 62 Finnish power-lifters suspected of using steroids died at a rate five times higher than average.

145299[/snapback]

Hey who cares if you die at 50, if you get a million dollars and your name in a record book.

100% WRONG

Talk about not having a clue about what you are talking about.

Some side effects caused by medical use of steroids (not a complete list, but the more dangerous ones)

Diabetes (good start there)

Screwing your immune system (kind of important in fighting off disease and cancers, but hey, not a problem for you guys).

Serious psychiatric disorders (mania, psychosis)

heart attacks and strokes 

high blood pressure

Steroids are VERY closely monitored by the medical profession when they are provided to patients - they are recognised as very dangerous drugs (hence the great care in handing the stuff out). The side effects are multiple and bad, but they are very effective in treating some medical problems, hence their use.

Now if you take into account the morals of someone willing to give such a dangerous drug to an athlete who does not need the sh-- for any medical reason then they will not really give a monkey's about the dangers, so, no, a professional athlete is not going to get 'good' advice from a medical professional if he takes this stuff. Just a different kind of drug dealer.

To go back to the original line on the first post - I'd say 50.3% of people in the survey were idiots or ignorant (or both). But no real surprise in that, I suppose.

145291[/snapback]

Thanks, now I dont have to say it.

Superstar Billy Graham used to enthuse to anyone who asked him, "Just lay in bed and you'll feel yourself grow."

Graham is 59 and he's been spending a lot of time in bed lately. The man who had The Body way before Jesse Ventura is now on his sixth hip. His immune system is shot from all the infections that are feasting on one another. He has virtually no movement in his ankles. He's lost four inches from his 6'4" frame because of a collapsing lower spine. And his liver, ravaged by hepatitis C, is leaking like a sieve.

Hey who cares if you die at 50, if you get a million dollars and your name in a record book.

145300[/snapback]

this whole debate is quite annoying. first, for ragging on people who don't want to cheat... but more importantly, ragging on people who put less importance on money. this quote is reflective of that argument... what good is money and "your name in a record book" going to do for you when you're dead? (especially in sports where records are made to be broken)

is your life centered around making money? will you do anything to do accomplish that goal? some people just draw a more solid line than others.

this whole debate is quite annoying. first, for ragging on people who don't want to cheat... but more importantly, ragging on people who put less importance on money.  this quote is reflective of that argument... what good is money and "your name in a record book" going to do for you when you're dead? (especially in sports where records are made to be broken)

is your life centered around making money? will you do anything to do accomplish that goal? some people just draw a more solid line than others.

145525[/snapback]

Dude. Sarcasm.

I would never take steroids.  I dont care about money and I beleive in ethics and principle.  Not everyone is a whore for money

144960[/snapback]

Agreed. And despite recent trends, not everyone is comfortable with cheating.