Why Not Us

Guest dog14787
i think i may have a man-crush developing for mr. gailey. every time i hear what he has to say i find myself thinking "hell yeah! that's OUR coach!" anyway...just wanted to say go bills!

Yup, Chan Gailey's strong leadership abilities/ inner confidence/winning attitude is allowing us to believe again, "Why not us"

I Billieve...

Link

A review of the radio interview of Chan Gailey by Tim Graham. Don't know if its been posted yet. Liked what Chan had to say.

Then Tim let this one fly "The Bills would need to break out of an organizational funk to reach the playoffs, a feat that might be more miraculous than the Dolphins rebounding from 1-15 to win the division in 2008."

Man he is a hater. I mean its like he thinks "well obviously the dolphins could do it, but no way the bills could ever rebound like that." I'm not saying we are gonna turn around and win the division, but I mean it is in the realm of possibility if the dolphins could do it.

Not hating, just stating the obvious. Relax, even if this staff does a great job, there are too many holes to fix in one year.

The dolphins had holes too. They just adapted a different style of football to fit it. They didint have good run blockers, or a good qb. So they packed the line and ran wildcat and playaction a lot.

Guest dog14787
Not hating, just stating the obvious. Relax, even if this staff does a great job, there are too many holes to fix in one year.

The biggest holes on this ball club have already been filled by our new HC,Chan Gailey/GM, Buddy Nix in my opinion.

I would say they had limited success prior. The year prior to being 1-15 they were 6-10. Two years before that they were 4-12. They hadn't been to the playoffs since 2001. They were in shambles really, Dave Wanstedt bailed on the team mid season. Then Lou Saban came in and that didn't work.

I believe you've got the wrong Saban in here somewhere.

I would say they had limited success prior. The year prior to being 1-15 they were 6-10. Two years before that they were 4-12. They hadn't been to the playoffs since 2001. They were in shambles really, Dave Wanstedt bailed on the team mid season. Then Lou Saban came in and that didn't work.

Funniest post in a long time. :lol: I guess Lou "couldn't get it done". :D

It's not just the Dolphins that came from nowhere to be good. Other teams have done it in the past. There are pieces that will make it possible for us, though. I've said it before - if our O-line plays like last year, then we aren't going to win six games, even. So, our tackles need to do a better job, and our whole line needs to be better; can you imagine our line as it seems right now trying to block a blitz happy Jets team? What gives me confidence that a turn around can happen, and that we could see 8-8, or even 9-7: Gailey - he's got arguably a better team and he seems a much better coach, and an offensive minded one, so, if Jauron can get us close to the playoffs last year, then it's not unimaginable that Gailey can do it this year; Health - if our team stays healthy, then right there we should have a few more wins than last year; Attitude - players are buying into it, and a team that thinks it can win can win a lot more than the unemotional group we had last year; and finally - the way Gailey is limiting the media from practices already tells me he is the kind of coach who will have some surprises in store for our opponents. Last year's team was predictable to a play. I think we'll be much harder to plan for, and Gailey's shown he can work with average talent. Add to that it's Gailey's and Nix's chance to prove themselves, too. These guys have pride - they're not going to let this team get walked on.

All things considered, I think we'll be a team that is capable of standing up and playing with anyone from here out.

This is a good comparison, a really good one.

Snyder's first year, they won one game. The second year they went 5 - 6. And after that, they became a damn good football team.

A very good comparison.

Yeah, when I saw the tread title, I couldn't resist, because I remembered reading Bill Snyder's statement to that effect.

Fortunately for Buffalo, Nix-Gailey doesn't have nearly the job ahead of them as Snyder did. Kansas State was about as bad as a college football team could be at the time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...68750/index.htm

but to stay more to the point, and staying on an optimistic tone.

It's the 30th anniversary...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBETnH4rB_Y

I remember that team well, still one of my favorite Bills' teams of all times.

And the little quotes that were made about predictions in the beginning of the video WERE what was said at the time. Most had the Bills finishing last in the AFC east. I remember Inside Sports predicting the Bills' use of the shotgun formation as the biggest flop of the season. Damn, they couldn't have possibly been more wrong.