Hey out of town Mighty Taco lovers!

WWVaBeach

... does anyone know what type of cheese they use in their soft mighties ? ... swiss, provolone, etc. ? ... tastes like the cheese they use in ham & cheese subs ...

I actually thought it's white American cheese, no? Could be wrong..

Close. I worked at the Bailey store when I attended UB in the late 70s. The cheese was a pasteurized/processed "swiss american" which came in packages where the slices were long rectangles and stacked in two rows, side by side. Yes, that cheese was also popular in sub shops before tastes changed and people started wanting a choice of provolone, swiss, or american cheese.

Sometime after I worked there they stopped refrying their pinto beans in pork fat. The beans never tasted quite as good ever again.

They were three locations. Bailey near UB, Forest at Elmwood, and Seneca Street. No sit down, only take out. They were open until 5 AM and the employees were sometimes more wasted than the customers. A friend and I went in and ordered two Super Mightys each. We open the bag and there were 8 of them in there!. If you wanted extra hot, they pumped more hot sauce from the gallon jug and laughed maniacally at you while they were doing it.

Once, I'm waiting outside the Bailey Ave one and a guy is being chased . He grabs me and tries to use me as a shield. The guy chasing him had a piece of PVC pipe. The guy with the pipe grabs me and throws me to the side. They caught the chasee in the middle of Bailey and start beating him until the sirens were heard and they took off. Never dull there!

Yep. The bars would start closing up and there would be a line out the door from 4-5 am. Lots of fights and drunken stupidity. Girls flashing their breasts…all sorts of revelry.