George Wilson

Thoner7

I'm not a Whitner basher, I think the guy is solid (although unimpressive for where he was drafted),

and I like his passion for the team, but...

I would start Wilson and/or Scott before I would start Whitner.

I really don't see how the team doesn't start Wilson this year, unless

the duties of the 3-4 are so different that Scott's or Whitner's skill set

matches it better.

But every opportunity G. Wilson has had over his career, he's impressed (well at

least me). He's smart, a total team guy, and he played really well last year.

I would start Wilson most of the time, but in games against teams with good

pass catching TEs or middle receivers, play Scott a lot.

Unless Whitner finally blossoms in this new system, under new coaches, I'd

be very disappointed to see him starting this year.

...Was graded out as the 3rd best safety in the league by Pro Football Focus

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Now I have no idea how they do their grading, but at least IMO George Wilson was our best player on the D last season second maybe K. Williams. I know most people see Byrds 9 plays that resulted in interceptions, but play for play G. Wilson was a total stud last season. I fully expect him to start this season - something other fans Im sure gawk at.

From reading these forums I dont think many other posters think as highly of GW as I do, so I just wanted to post that link.

PS I would LOVE to see our nickle package include Byrd/Wilson/Whitner again this year instead of a third CB - we used that a lot last year with the injuries but I think it worked very well.

I like Wilson too. I think he has more field awareness than Donte. I'm not sure he's better than Donte but he's sure gonna push him hard in camp this year. JMO