Top 25 Prospect List...

cage

Football Outsiders put together a list of top 25 prospects on current NFL rosters. The criteria for this list is the following:

• Be in the second, third, or fourth year of their pro career

• Have been drafted in Rounds 3-7 or signed as an undrafted free agent

• Have started fewer than five career games in the NFL

• Still be on their rookie contract

Here is #11-25 http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5374008

Here is #1-10 http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5374109

So guys that are talked about here that would qualify... Steve Johnson, Shawn Nelson (not sure how many starts), Jamon Meredith, Brian Brohm, Chris Ellis, Nic Harris, Reggie Corner (not sure how many starts)

Others that don't... Byrd/Hardy/Maybin/McKelvin (drafter too high), Bell/Wood/Levitre (too many starts)

There are '0' Buffalo Bills on the list...

I love that concept! What an interesting idea for an article. It's refreshing when an sports outlet actually put the time into releasing something beyond the 4000 prediction stories or power rankings.

I won't pretend that I know much about more than 3-4 of those players so I don't know if any Bills deserve a spot. Nelson started 12 games so he is out. I think Brohm would be out best shot, seeing the Chase Daniel made the list. I mean, didn't the Packers somewhat try to keep him around? He has some potential-value. EDIT: Brohm doesn't qualify...thanks DC). After him the cupboard is bare. Hardy? Could you make the argument that he caught a few TDs in '08 and learned a lot during his injury. Probably not...

If this list came out last year, I think we would have had a surefire top 5 guy in Fred Jackson. He would have qualified and he was coming off a very impressive year spelling Lynch.

I dont really get it. the criteria seem too restrictive. Who cares about a 4th year player with <5 NFL starts? How is he going to be a breakout player? Mike Wallace has already broke out IMO. He was great for the Steelers last year and prob a big reason as to why they ditched Holmes so quickly.

I dont have insider so maybe I am missing something....

Football Outsiders put together a list of top 25 prospects on current NFL rosters. The criteria for this list is the following:

• Be in the second, third, or fourth year of their pro career

• Have been drafted in Rounds 3-7 or signed as an undrafted free agent

• Have started fewer than five career games in the NFL

• Still be on their rookie contract

Here is #11-25 http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5374008

Here is #1-10 http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5374109

So guys that are talked about here that would qualify... Steve Johnson, Shawn Nelson (not sure how many starts), Jamon Meredith, Brian Brohm, Chris Ellis, Nic Harris, Reggie Corner (not sure how many starts)

Others that don't... Byrd/Hardy/Maybin/McKelvin (drafter too high), Bell/Wood/Levitre (too many starts)

There are '0' Buffalo Bills on the list...

Others that may qualify as I took another look at the roster are Ellis Lankster (CB), Cristian Gaddis ©, Chad Simpson (RB), Jonathan Stupar (TE), Marcus Buggs (LB), Lydell Sargent (CB), John Corto (S)

These are obviously lesser known names than the first group I put up

I dont really get it. the criteria seem too restrictive. Who cares about a 4th year player with <5 NFL starts? How is he going to be a breakout player? Mike Wallace has already broke out IMO. He was great for the Steelers last year and prob a big reason as to why they ditched Holmes so quickly.

I dont have insider so maybe I am missing something....

The players that really fit the criteria that get talked about here as to whether they'll amount to anything are

-- Steve Johnson (gets lots of love)

-- Shawn Nelson (gets lots of love)

-- Reggie Corner (is he more than a nickel back?)

-- Chris Ellis (very little love)

I guess the news in this is that Johnson and especially Nelson aren't on the list

If each team has 4 such candidates, that's a pool of about 120 players... none of ours make the cut in the top 25

Others that may qualify as I took another look at the roster are Ellis Lankster (CB), Cristian Gaddis ©, Chad Simpson (RB), Jonathan Stupar (TE), Marcus Buggs (LB), Lydell Sargent (CB), John Corto (S)

These are obviously lesser known names than the first group I put up

Gaddis should make the list simply based on the fact that he has copyrighted himself. That takes chutzpah.