POTD - July 14

bartshan-83

YESTERDAY:

1. Pick Pink, Valve Value, Sealed Seabed, Impress Empress, Prisoner Poisoner, Phonograph Photograph

2. TOOTH, booth (or toots), boots, boats, brats, brass, brash, BRUSH

I almost had yall stumped for the first time, but of course Mr. Roberta had to step in and ruin it :unsure: (well done, though...that ish was tricky for sure).

TODAY:

1. Read the sentences aloud to decipher these adages.

1. SECANT YEESH ALF HIND

2. MINE DIOR PIECE HANK NEWS

3. NOME ANACIN NIGH LENT

4. HOBBY ZITS HUT WRACKED

5. TOOTH EVICT HOPALONG THUS BOILS

6. MANIA DREW HERDERS BO CANNON CHEST

2. If 9 boys fix 9 toys in 9 minutes, how long will it take 10 boys to fix 20 toys?

I colored it. Number 6 was the toughest. Once I got the first one the rest were easy, except 6 of course.. :unsure:

Agreed...number 6 was tough.

I appreciate you coloring it, but I'm thinking navy blue wasn't exactly the best choice to blend in with the white background. :P

2. 20 ?

#2 is:

Each of the 9 boys got 1 toy fixed in 9 minutes. So the extra boy (#10) would fix one extra toy (#10) in the same 9 minutes. Thus 20 toys would be double that time or 18 minutes

#1 was tough for me. But hearing them read aloud made it easier than reading the words aloud myself. I went to Google Translate, translated from English to English, then hit the little "Listen to this translation" button. <example 1>

2. 18 minutes. If 9 boys fix 9 toys in 9 minutes, that's 9 minutes for one fixed toy per boy. If 10 boys fix the first 10 toys in 9 minutes, they'll take another 9 minutes to fix the remaining 10 toys for a total of 18 minutes.