My GUESS is Spillrt at #2 WR

I would think Spiller would be used out of the backfield more than anything, being sent in motion out of split backfield formation - which would give the QB a pretty good sense for the coverage, I'd think.

As for his size - he's strong enough to be a Warrick Dunn type player - 20 touches a game. Everybody gets hurt - and he will at some time, too, but if you look at the photos of him working out - he's solid - and the F.O. mentioned that was acknowledged when they drafted him - that he was big enough to run between the tackles, too.

As a wideout - considering he's got good hands, he's got a college return yard record, and we know how fast he is - he is going to be what our previous coaches wanted Parrish to be - but able to take a pounding and to break tackles.

I think Spiller will get 15-20 touches a game, and will be on the field more right out of the gate than some people think, and I predict him breaking out some long runs and then - after a few games, no one will be talking about why we drafted him, or if he should be on the field in this or that capacity, rather, everyone will be saying how fortunate we are and how crazy the 8 other teams ahead of us were for not taking him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic