If Thigpen is cut, Gailey will pick him up

Maybe I'm alone here, but I think Gailey thinks they have talent at QB and he wants to see if they can play. I'll be shocked if they bring in ANY QB.

Didn't he say that?

I think when you are rebuilding they will always look to upgrade. None of the guys on the roster were picked by Nix/Gailey so if Thigpen or anyone else becomes available, then why wouldn't we add some talent to the roster. It's not like our 2nd, 3rd or 4th stringer is any better prepared or was drafted by the current regime. Just saying it is easily possible.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thigpen would be claimed off of waivers by the Bills I believe and could very well be the starter. He did quite well in Gailey's spread a couple of years ago in KC and has a leg up on the other guys because he knowledgable in the offense.

Totally agree. He's better than anybody we have on the roster right now. Would at least make us somewhat watchable this fall...

For the record, Matt Moore was a UFA, Tyler Thigpen was a 7th round pick and Derek Anderson was a 6th rounder. None of them made it past all 31 other teams when put on waivers as rookies.

In Tom Brady's rookie year the Patriots kept 4 QBs because they didn't want to risk trying to sneak him onto the practice squad and someone claiming Brady on waivers.

All good examples to back up your point. Each situation is different; I have no recollection of any of those guy's situations other than Brady's. To be clear, I can envision many scenarios where Levi makes the final roster. The one I am not buying is the one that involves a guy going from a battle for #1 to out the door.