OT - Notre Dame

bartshan-83

I don't mean to make this a dominant issue, I know this is a Bills Board but it seems that there are a number of ND fans so I thought they might like some "inside" info. Two of my best friends and former roommates here are on the team (Darin Mitchell and Justin Tuck) and I talked to them about the situation. Darin doesn't really care one way or another...Justin is real pissed, but anyway:

-the overall consensus was that Ty was not going to be successful. A lot of the guys liked him and a lot are real pissed at the way it happened. But few agree that a 4th year would have mattered.

-the players are however almost all pissed at the timing and how it happened. Justin has another year of eligibility but he signed his papers declaring his intentions to go to the draft this morning. Most of these seniors are upset because they went through it as freshmen (our freshman year was when the O'Leary mess happened).

-there is a lot of disagreement about whether or not they will go to the Insight bowl. They stand to make some good $$$ but it seems the players are torn. They voted on it 20 minutes ago, I am waiting to hear the results. I would lean towards yes.

-Some don't think that Urban Meyer will be the next coach because they believe his good friend Bob Davie will discourage him. Don't know how true that will turn out to be.

Thats all for now.....

Urban Meyer WAS on campus here today. Two of the guys in my law school class saw him. Bart, a few of us go to BW's to watch the games on sunday. We're gonna be there for the dolphins game, lemme know if you want to join and you dont have a car, we can pick you up.