Santana Moss first name on Dr. Galea's List

Link

I wonder who else is on this list of his patients. Nothing really surprises me with this anymore however.

I think everyone who is a fan of any sport, has to accept that PED use is likely everywhere at this point. All these guys probably do it, and frankly if I was a pro athlete, and I felt everyone else was a step ahead of me, I would probably do it too.

It will be interesting to see the names that follow this case, but I think its commonplace now to use these drugs. This guy might be the NFLs Jose Canseco...

I think everyone who is a fan of any sport, has to accept that PED use is likely everywhere at this point. All these guys probably do it, and frankly if I was a pro athlete, and I felt everyone else was a step ahead of me, I would probably do it too.

It will be interesting to see the names that follow this case, but I think its commonplace now to use these drugs. This guy might be the NFLs Jose Canseco...

Where we're headed

Its HGH, a lot of older people use it to combat arthritis, back pain, knee pain, anything. Its a perscription wonder drug. Now some people who go out and get hit by bulldozers for a living want some of it so their body doesnt fall apart.... Use it all day if you ask me. The NFL just needs to make it legal to use certain amounts of it - so that its a healing drug moreso than some PED.

Ex-Bill and great SI.com columnist Ross Tucker recently wrote that despite fan's views, his estimate is that it's only about 5-10% of players who use some form of PED. I'd believe him a bit more than most on topics like this, FWIW.

Anyone else notice from the ESPN article that there were two folks in Boston that Galea visited last August, including one he visited twice that month? Who knows, maybe Tommy Boy needed a little extra help recovering from his knee surgery before the season and his buddy Rodney hooked him up with a sure-fire way to get better quickly? (Then again, it could just be Big Papi needing his fix.) Also noticed that Galea treated an eye-popping 11 athletes in Cleveland. If those were NFLers and not Indians, Mike Holmgren might have stepped into a big mess.....