our final 53

Started looking at what we'll keep this year. Roscoe is out in my book, but Chan may like him, Roosevelt to PS then? Can you justify 5 tackles? This also assumes Schobel is in the mix. I think fitz will be moved to the bears or cut. My thought on the bears is he has experience in the martz system, and they say they want a more vetran backup than the rookies. If one of the tackles can long snap, that allows for roscoe or chad jackson to get into the mix. Or, open up another spot for Harris.

I know camp is a ways away, but if the season started tomorrow.

outside looking in

QB 3 edwards brohm brown fitz

RB 3 cj lynch fred

WR 5 evans hardy easly naaman johnson roscoe jackson

TE 3 nelson schooman klopfenstien

T 5 bell wang green merideth Ramsey chambers

G 4 levitre wood calloway Howard

C 1 hangardner

k 1 rian

p 1 moorman

DE 4 stroud carington johnson edwards mccargo

NT 3 williams troupe harvey

OLB 5 maybin ellis schobel ellison batten kelsey

MLB 4 davis poz moats mitchell Harris

CB 5 mcgee mckelvin corner yabooty florence lankster

S 5 byrd whitner wilson harris Scott

LS 1

If Calloway is good enough I could see us moving Wood to center and have Levitre and Calloway as guards. I think they would be great anchors in middle for a long time. Hopefully Wang pans out also..

I think this could be a good starting line up..

Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Merideth

I'd cut Fitz, Parrish, McCargo, Kelsey.. and would have to think longer about the rest..

To paraphrase Rick Jeannert, "this team is scary bad!"

Hope springs eternal, but if this roster and Bills squad were to have any success, every "if" in the supposition would have to swing in favor of the Bills.

I think the only chance the Bills have to win a few games is early on in the season when their playbook is still something of a mystery to their opponents. Once it's confimed that there's no receiving corp or quarterback worthy of extra study time, the defenders will key on Spiller/Jackson, effectively shutting down the only hope of a spark.

As for defense - what can I say? This scenerio cites a group of 'tweener DE to LB converts for the new 3-4 scheme. That should have our division rivals shaking in their hightops. Combine that along with a very suspect and/or inexperienced front 3 and it spells disaster. And once again, when the offense fails to sustain drives and score points, we'll see a defense quickly getting worn down and sucumbing to injury.

As much as I want to be optimistic about this team, it would take a minor miracle for them to be competative, especially considering the strength of opponents on the schedule.

Maybe we should just skip the season and start talking about the 2011 draft.

QB Edwards, Fitz, Brohm

RB Jackson, Lynch, Spiller

FB McIntyre

WR Evans, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, Easley

TE Nelson, Schouman, Stupar

T Bell, Green, Meredith, Wang

G Levitre, Wood, Chambers

C Hangartner

DE Stroud, Edwards, Carrington, Johnson

NT Williams, Troupe, Harvey

OLB Maybin, Batten and 3 of (Ellis, Ellison, Schobel, Kelsay)

MLB Davis, Poz, Moats, Mitchell

CB Mcgee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner

S Byrd, Whitner, Wilson, Scott

K Lindell

P Moorman

LS Sanborn

That's 51 then ? 6th WR (Jackson) or CB (Lankster). Another OL or LB?

PS- Brown, Roosevelt, Nelson, Calloway

Started looking at what we'll keep this year. Roscoe is out in my book, but Chan may like him, Roosevelt to PS then? Can you justify 5 tackles? This also assumes Schobel is in the mix. I think fitz will be moved to the bears or cut. My thought on the bears is he has experience in the martz system, and they say they want a more vetran backup than the rookies. If one of the tackles can long snap, that allows for roscoe or chad jackson to get into the mix. Or, open up another spot for Harris.

outside looking in

RB 3 cj lynch fred

C 1 hangardner

k 1 rian

p 1 moorman

LS 1

This makes a lot more sense when I look at it as a quote in the reply window. Anyways, as of today, here is my prediction:

QB(3): Edwards, Brohm, Brown

RB(3): Spiller, Jackson, Lynch

TE (4): Nelson, Schouman, Matthews, Klop

WR (5): Evans, Hardy, Johnson, Parish, Easley

OT (4): Bell, Meredith, Wang, Green

OG (4): Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Chambers

C (1): Hangartner

DE (4): Edwards, Stroud, Carrington, Johnson

NT (2): Williams, Troup

OLB (5): Schobel, Maybin, Kelsey, Batten, Ellis

ILB (5): Poz, Davis, Mitchell, Moats, Eillison

DB (10): McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Scott, Harris/Lankster (one of)

P: Moorman

K: Lindell

LS: Sanborn

- I think they keep 4 TEs and no FB because they'll run out of double-TE sets mostly

- I can't for the life of me see Naaman make it, but do think he winds up on the PS

- I could see Youboty traded before the season starts

- if Brohm doesn't look at least serviceable early, he'll get cut for Fitz (no way Brown goes to PS)

- if Schobel retires, they'll keep 2 LBs not mentioned above (11 total) and 3 TEs

- I think they keep 4 TEs and no FB because they'll run out of double-TE sets mostly

- I can't for the life of me see Naaman make it, but do think he winds up on the PS

- I could see Youboty traded before the season starts

- if Brohm doesn't look at least serviceable early, he'll get cut for Fitz (no way Brown goes to PS)

- if Schobel retires, they'll keep 2 LBs not mentioned above (11 total) and 3 TEs

Naaman will probably be practice squad. I like the thoughts here

To paraphrase Rick Jeannert, "this team is scary bad!"

Hope springs eternal, but if this roster and Bills squad were to have any success, every "if" in the supposition would have to swing in favor of the Bills.

I think the only chance the Bills have to win a few games is early on in the season when their playbook is still something of a mystery to their opponents. Once it's confimed that there's no receiving corp or quarterback worthy of extra study time, the defenders will key on Spiller/Jackson, effectively shutting down the only hope of a spark.

As for defense - what can I say? This scenerio cites a group of 'tweener DE to LB converts for the new 3-4 scheme. That should have our division rivals shaking in their hightops. Combine that along with a very suspect and/or inexperienced front 3 and it spells disaster. And once again, when the offense fails to sustain drives and score points, we'll see a defense quickly getting worn down and sucumbing to injury.

As much as I want to be optimistic about this team, it would take a minor miracle for them to be competative, especially considering the strength of opponents on the schedule.

Maybe we should just skip the season and start talking about the 2011 draft.

Two points:

1. I think success this year is not the same as winning - they can be somewhat successful and not make the playoffs, as long as they look like they have everything together as a coaching staff and some of the players make progress. Also, I fully expect them to be competitive in almost every game this year - I'd be surprised if we lost mroe than two games by at least 20 points each.

2. I think that most of the improvement is going to come in run defense.

outside looking in

RB 3 cj lynch fred

C 1 hangardner

k 1 rian

p 1 moorman

LS 1

4 QBs, 5 tackles? No. But I think your defense is pretty close to what we'll carry. Schobel doesn't come back and Antonio Coleman makes it instead. Probably Harris gets cut since we no longer like the ABSOLUTELY FREAKING INSANE idea of converting college S to LB and Lankster makes the team instead.