Post - MS Walk 2010

rockpile

I was called out of town the weekend of May 1st, and did not do the MS Walk in Rochester.

HOWEVER - I did arrange to have a team of about a dozen friends/family walk for me and all donations are logged and received (even the checks to the NMSS) for the Rochester walk. The wife and I did our own MS Walk Sunday morning in Manhattan. This was after the failed SUV bomb, through the middle of an anti-nuke protest, and fittingly - an MS Bike Tour intersected our walk. :thumbsup:

Mission accomplished and $1,225 raised!! B-)

Team Photo: Keep On Truckin'

My interesting week included a trip to Bubba Gump Shrimp on Broadway and 44th Saturday night. As we finished dinner we were informed by our waitress that the police put a lock down on the building and we could not leave. We watched through the second floor windows, as dozens of emergency vehicles, NYPD, NYFD, black SUVs with black suits and cell phones, as well as bomb squadders in flack vests with semi-automatics secured a now empty Times Square.

We were able to get some pretty good speculation on what was going on by calling friends who passed on reports from the news as best they could. God, CNN is populated with morons but better than nothing.

Oddly no one was alarmed, it was NY after all, and we were efficiently and calmly evacuated after about a half hour. Broadway was barricaded from about 42nd to 46th. We hung around a little bit, but the crowd was too compacted. Thousands of people were walking TOWARDS the barricades to see what was up. We went back the next morning and figured we were about 1000 feet from the bomb vehicle that did not ignite. It was around the corner enough that we would not been hurt. We would have heard it and felt the concussion. It would have been very serious on 45th near Broadway for anyone on the street.

Never a dull moment, it seems!