If you like watching 3-4 defenses,

You have to think practicing against a true 3 -4 has to improve how we do against those teams....

I'm conflicted. On one hand, it should help the offense play those 3-4 teams. On the other hand, the opponents may have the same thoughts.

I remember over the last two years, but especially last year, I got more and more angry as the season went on, always thinking, "why don't the Bills have Trent practice against the 3-4?" He said after a loss once that the team didn't practice against those looks, that they weren't prepared for it - and that is exactly what they looked like - totally unprepared. The 3-4 killed them. Now, we really didn't have the players and the coach didn't seemed as well versed in the 3-4, so if we had a practice squad nose and third string DE's as the preparation, then it probably wouldn't have helped much, anyway. So, I've gotta believe that having a solid 3-4 to go up against week in and out, and especially through training camp, will help Trent and the O-line. Also, our coaching staff and GM seem really aware of our weaknesses last year and, I'd suspect, will be fielding a much tougher, old-school team.

I remember over the last two years, but especially last year, I got more and more angry as the season went on, always thinking, "why don't the Bills have Trent practice against the 3-4?" He said after a loss once that the team didn't practice against those looks, that they weren't prepared for it - and that is exactly what they looked like - totally unprepared.

Evidence that coaching does matter.

This team got six wins despite Jauron and company. That's evidence alone that there is talent on the team.

Evidence that coaching does matter.

This team got six wins despite Jauron and company. That's evidence alone that there is talent on the team.

Yes and now that we are practicing as a 3-4 Trent will be much better at reading the defense pre-snap, since it seems that when he does that he plays his best.