C.J. Spiller Youtube Highlights

http://www.youtube.ca/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

Damn this guy is fast!!!! I was in awe watching him in these highlight reels. He reminds me of Marshall Faulk, but faster. Say what you want about us already having two good running backs...this guy is on another level. I think the only player I may have taken besides him in the draft was Okung...this guy is the most exciting player in this draft bar none! I'm pretty sure we got the best offensive player in the draft!

Enjoy the highlights because this is what we're going to be seeing next year!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the link, I actually hadn't seen it yet either. Damn that guy is fast, but also he is shifty, and a north south runner. Jukes and jives while running full speed north and south. He is going to be a blast to watch this year. I may get Sunday Ticket back just for Spiller.

I'm guessing his quicks will translate just fine in the NFL. :flirt:

I have no doubt he'll make some highlight video plays in his career. And I'll love every one of them.

But you can't convince me that he was the right pick at 9.

Put it another way. If, before the draft, you were told that we could have Chris Johnson (who everyone wants to compair spiller to) for our first round pick, knowing that Marshawn and Jackson would not be moved for picks during the draft, how many people would have been on board with that?

Not many. And he's proven what he can do on the field already.

I have no doubt he'll make some highlight video plays in his career. And I'll love every one of them.

Put it another way. If, before the draft, you were told that we could have Chris Johnson (who everyone wants to compair spiller to) for our first round pick, knowing that Marshawn and Jackson would not be moved for picks during the draft, how many people would have been on board with that?

Who do you think would have been the right pick? Jimmy Clausen? Brian Bulaga? Brian Bulaga will be a solid RIGHT tackle...Jimmy Clausen will be an average QB at best

I understand that argument, but I disagree. Chris Johnson changes every game he plays in and is one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. A few chuckleheads at this forum might say they prefer the 3rd best tackle in the draft over Chris Johnson but 32 NFL teams surely wouldn't.

I didn't say that.

But the average NFL player is way faster than the defenders on Boston College, Georgia Tech and UVA.

Wel, yeah, you did say that. You said his speed was just like the rest of the nfl. no one was talking about the speed of BC, GT, and UVA players. That goes without saying that the average college player on those teams is slower than the average nfl player.

but saying his speed is "just like the rest of the NFL" is saying his speed is just average, which is nonesense.

Who do you think would have been the right pick? Jimmy Clausen? Brian Bulaga? Brian Bulaga will be a solid RIGHT tackle...Jimmy Clausen will be an average QB at best

As I've said before, I don't know who the right pick would be because I'm not a draft guru. But I do know that taking a RB when your team has this many holes is the wrong pick. Especially when you already have not one but TWO 1,000 yard rushers on the roster. Throw in the fact that RBs are overvalued in the NFL (you can find RBs anywhere who can put up enough yards to win), tying up more cap space on this overvalued position is insane and, in my opinion, makes me very suspect that Nix is not the savior we all hoped. But instead more of the same.

If they didn't think there was anyone worth taking at 9 then they should have traded back for MORE picks and picked up any of the other players who could help. Are you telling me that there are going to be ZERO probowl players to come out of this draft picked after #8 who play either OT, DL, WR, or LB? None? Because if you are, and can prove it, then I'm fine with the Spiller pick. But since that is insane, I'm not.

Spiller was a flashy pick. That's all. You don't need a superstar RB to win in the modern NFL. That's why this is an awful, awful pick, no matter how good he becomes.

I understand that argument, but I disagree. Chris Johnson changes every game he plays in and is one of the most dynamic players in the NFL. A few chuckleheads at this forum might say they prefer the 3rd best tackle in the draft over Chris Johnson but 32 NFL teams surely wouldn't.

And yet, despite rushing for over 2,000 yards and making highlight videos, Tennessee was 8-8 and not in the playoffs.

That's my point. RBs are overvalued. They don't win games by themselves like they used to in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Wel, yeah, you did say that. You said his speed was just like the rest of the nfl. no one was talking about the speed of BC, GT, and UVA players. That goes without saying that the average college player on those teams is slower than the average nfl player.

but saying his speed is "just like the rest of the NFL" is saying his speed is just average, which is nonesense.

Then I stand corrected.

I did not mean to imply that he has average speed. He doesn't. But every player in the NFL is fast.

As I've said before, I don't know who the right pick would be because I'm not a draft guru. But I do know that taking a RB when your team has this many holes is the wrong pick. Especially when you already have not one but TWO 1,000 yard rushers on the roster. Throw in the fact that RBs are overvalued in the NFL (you can find RBs anywhere who can put up enough yards to win), tying up more cap space on this overvalued position is insane and, in my opinion, makes me very suspect that Nix is not the savior we all hoped. But instead more of the same.

If they didn't think there was anyone worth taking at 9 then they should have traded back for MORE picks and picked up any of the other players who could help. Are you telling me that there are going to be ZERO probowl players to come out of this draft picked after #8 who play either OT, DL, WR, or LB? None? Because if you are, and can prove it, then I'm fine with the Spiller pick. But since that is insane, I'm not.

Spiller was a flashy pick. That's all. You don't need a superstar RB to win in the modern NFL. That's why this is an awful, awful pick, no matter how good he becomes.

Difference makers are found at every position in the NFL. To completely write off a position as overvalued is terribly shortsighted.

The biggest need on this team is difference makers, and that's at any position.

how about the year before when they were the number 1 seed?

Thank you for proving my point. When they were the number 1 seed they had committed to Collins who was having a tremendous year, they had Haynseworth and one of the best defenses in the league. And Johnson was splitting carries with White (1,222 yards 9 TDs on 251 carries compaired to 358 carries in 2009).

Then, despite Johnson getting better (more yards and TDs), the Titians lost more games because of an unsettled QB situtation, poor DL play and a lack of a second RB to help shoulder the load.

Again, more proof that RBs are overvalued. You don't need a Chris Johnson to win a super bowl. You need a franchise QB and a good defense.

The Bills have neither.