Crossfit

Andrew in CA

I just started doing Crossfit workout of the day [crossfit.com] and I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with it. My main goal is to lower my bodyfat percentage, and the quick pace of the workouts suggests that crossfit works for that. I'm only on day 4 but already my body is tired and sore in areas I've never really tapped, so I think that's a good sign. I like the idea of mixing the workouts up constantly and focusing on core and gymnastic-type exercises, as I've always just kinda worked the beach muscles.

Anyone have some experience with crossfit? Like or dislike? Just looking for some feedback to see if it's worth sticking with it for the long haul- I'm going to give it til the end of the month and if I'm not seeing results I might abandon it.

I just started doing Crossfit workout of the day [crossfit.com] and I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with it. My main goal is to lower my bodyfat percentage, and the quick pace of the workouts suggests that crossfit works for that. I'm only on day 4 but already my body is tired and sore in areas I've never really tapped, so I think that's a good sign. I like the idea of mixing the workouts up constantly and focusing on core and gymnastic-type exercises, as I've always just kinda worked the beach muscles.

Anyone have some experience with crossfit? Like or dislike? Just looking for some feedback to see if it's worth sticking with it for the long haul- I'm going to give it til the end of the month and if I'm not seeing results I might abandon it.

Ive never used any of the sort, but i am curious to know how this one is. Cause I, like you would like to work on stamina, and heart workouts, not just "beach muscles" cause you need them so much in Buffalo... :nana:

Sorry i cant help, but let me know what ya think of it after a week or 2...

Ive never used any of the sort, but i am curious to know how this one is. Cause I, like you would like to work on stamina, and heart workouts, not just "beach muscles" cause you need them so much in Buffalo... :thumbsup:

Sorry i cant help, but let me know what ya think of it after a week or 2...

I've been doing it for a little over a week now [i posted this in the Health and Fitness forum a while ago but no one replied] and I've lost 2 lbs. and am sore in places I usually never work, like smaller muscles in the back and legs. I'm really digging it so far and will continue it until I plateau, and then maybe go back to the old routine for a little bit, perhaps.

The best part is, it's short [~20 minute warmup, ~20-40 minute workout] but I'm still seeing effects and still getting really tired and sore from it. Plus, no running [usually]!