To Tackle or Not To Tackle

Wizard

I was with you up until you said they could get a comparable talent at OT in the 2nd. I am sorry, but I don't see it.

Who do you see that has a chance to be a good starting LT in round 2? I don't think Ducasse is a LT (or even RT) and

I think Saffold will be gone by pick 41.

It's not that I think any of the second rounders can come in and start from Day 1, I just don't think any of the first rounders can either. I mean, sure they can start, but they'll all struggle. I think the upside and development potential of a lot of the second round guys equals the first round talents.

Tackles are always overdrafted, every year. Yes, Joe Thomas, Jake Long and Ryan Clady are fixtures of their teams, but teams have also taken Chris Williams and Duane Brown, just because they play tackle and they flash a little athletic ability

If you have a shot at a blue chip tackle, you take him. I'm just saying I don't see any blue chip tackles in this draft. Okung, on film, is the least impressive "top 5 tackle" to come out in years. And no, I'm not saying "on film" because I watch college football on television. I'm saying it because I've talked to a scout for a pro team who can't believe how touted some of these tackles are.