Bad Year To Need A NT

Exactly right its the nature of the position that 350lb guys are not gonna be 'high motor' high energy every play like a 235lb LB.....

Look at the best NT of all time...Ted washington...concerns about his weight and work ethic....and he was drafted end of the 1st round.....but he was massively/naturally big.....sounds a lot like Cody

whats most impressive about Cody....is with his size and weight he pushed 225lbs 44 times....he has top top strength....

"Dude, what are you smoking?"

Calm down little feller. You and Darth Ice have the temperament of little Walt Coleman. Try taking a few deep breaths before you penalize someone in knee jerk fashion (in this case, OldTimer1960). Reading your recent deluge of posts, it seems like you're going too fast, losing control, and getting a bit too full of yourself.

As to your point, "deepest D Line draft in history," what makes you say that? Even if it is an "excellent" D Line draft, 3-4 nose tackles are very hard to find. As we all know, the top two tackles are not nose tackle types, and many college nose tackles are being projected as 3-4 ends.

Now BB-Gun is piling onto OldTimer but actually his point is more a refutation of Celtic's view. He asks, "How many great nose tackles were in the draft last year?" The answer is not many. In fact, you could name the top quality NFL nose tackles on one hand, probably. When I guy like Ron Brace is coveted, as he was in last year's draft, it shows how thin the position is.

I would say two things to OldTimer's post:

1) Every year is a bad year to be drafting a nose tackle. BJ Raji was last year's big prize and even he was playing more defensive end than nose tackle last year. Ron Brace was the "first runner-up" and he didn't get many snaps as a rookie. Probably a few mid to late nose tackles (or even undrafted ones a la Pat Williams) will mature into excellent players. They are hard to find, and there's never enough to go around. That's one reason myself and others would rather draft an elite pass rusher than a flawed nose tackle.

2) I'm never bothered by the criticism (as in T Cody) that "he may play limited snaps." NFL offenses are in multiple wideout formations more than half the time now. Passing outweighs rushing by about 60% to 40%. Most nose tackles do not play as many snaps as defensive ends anyways. So it matters little if at all how many snaps your nose tackle plays. As long as he's in good enough condition to play well in all the running downs.

Back to the top of my post, sorry to criticize others, but I do it in defense of OldTimer, and also because I really get annoyed by guys who are rude and act like know-it-all jerks.

+1 this!