Marshawn Lynch

In my best AOL voice *GOODBYE.

Seriously though this article states what a lot have been saying on this board for quite a while- Lynch isn't going to garner a pick high enough to justify the trade. The Bills would be very lucky to get even that 4th simply because there has to be more then one team that would be interested. I say that if the Bills do find a dancing partner it'll be for a 5th and a conditional next year. One thing I do think is that given Lynch's history and current issue(s) that a conditional pick may be the best we can do. I like Lynch and I want him here but each time something happens-no matter how small it may be- he shows that he may not be the guy for us. Send him to Oakland he'll be happier out there(maybe we could just swap him for Bush-I like that idea, then we could have Brohm, Bush and Wood)<-----There's a joke there somewhere.

Michael Bush is not only the best RB in Oak, but he would be the best RB on this roster and is better than Lynch. McFadden gets PT only because of his contract, much like Al wants to stick with J. Russell, but Bush is better than McFadden and I would take him in a heartbeat. Not only does he have speed and power, but he can catch too. Freddie and Bush would be a lethal tandem...

Too bad this trade will never happen. Why would Al trade for a RB when the one he has is already better and doesnt have all the baggage? Then again, its Al Davis...so who knows.

And this is how stories like this gain campfire BS traction...

Mark Gaughan:

"Running back Marshawn Lynch has not yet shown up for offseason conditioning workouts with the Buffalo Bills. He lost his starting job last season to Fred Jackson. He has had run-ins with the law in Buffalo. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he would not mind finding a new NFL home with some other team. Has he demanded a trade? I don't know. His agent has not returned calls from The Buffalo News. But word within the locker room is he would not be disappointed at all if he were shipped elsewhere."

Sports Illustrated (citing Gaughan's article):

"06:38 AM ET 04.04 | Marshawn Lynch has made it very clear that he wants out of Buffalo. But the running back has lost every ounce of trade value he had in losing his starting job to Fred Jackson and having further problems off the field that run the risk of a lengthy suspension if it happens again. Lynch has not participated in the Bills' offseason workouts, and its no secret around the lockerroom that he is interested in being shipped elsewhere. It's not clear if Buffalo is actively seeking out trade partners, but any offers it has received are probably not especially enticing."

Internet reporting at it's finest...

Nice.