We should trade up

DarthICE

If you put a gun to my head and told me I had to choose between these two options, I would first think about telling you to pull the trigger. But after thinking about the fact that I want to spend many more years with my kids, I would choose Tebow in the second rather than Clausen with the 9th pick in the draft. If the Bills brain trust (Nix and Gailey) thought that they could make an NFL QB out of Tebow (as would be demonstrated by their picking him in the second round), I would trust their judgment on that.

Tebow (and this is coming from a Miami Hurricane fan) has a lot more character in my opinion than Clausen ever will have. You know that Tebow is going to do everything he can to help the team - whether that be improving as a QB, playing tight end, coming in as the wild cat QB, or whatever else they ask him to do.

Clausen, on the other hand, is not the kind of guy that I would want as my QB and have to pay the kind of money that we are going to have to pay the 9th pick in the draft. I know the ND guys have a man love for this guy (just as they did with Brady Quinn). Given the number of needs that we have, we can pick the best player available at number 9 rather than reach for Clausen at that spot. Later in the draft, I might consider him, but certainly not at number 9.

Clausen was much better than Brady Quinn as a collegiate QB. Not that I want him at 9. Pick him up later in round 1 after trading down or if he slips into the second, cool. It will all come down to his pro day. If he kills his like Bradford did all the negative talk about him will go away.

Don't be silly. We have too many needs to sacrifice the picks it would take to move that high. Trade up? Bad idea.

we don't have enough fire power anyway to trade up even if we traded all our draft picks. First pick= 3000 points 9th pick= 1350 points. Difference 1650 points. All our draft picks point value added up doesn't even come close.

Draft value chart- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

But living in a fantasy world works or some I guess