Greatest Games in Bills History

No way. First of all, what about the AFL Championship game in San Diego the very next season? Didn't the Bills shut out the vaunted Chargers offense to win their second consecutive AFL Championship that year? You call that game chopped liver?

And onto the modern era. Bills 51, Raiders 3, for their first AFC Championship in the SB era. For me, THAT is the greatest game in Buffalo Bills history. For one thing, it vaulted the Bills into their first SB. Secondly, it meant the exact same thing as that 1964 AFL Championship meant: that the Buffalo Bills were the best team in the AFC (modern version of the AFL) for the 1990 season. Then, in 1991, they matched the 1965 AFL Championship with a second consecutive AFC Championship. Then 1n 1992 and again in 1993, they surpassed their 1960's accomplishments by winning two more consecutive AFC Championships. You see, the AFL never got to play the NFL in 1964 and 1965. But the NFL of course did exist. So I will never understand why many old timers (or even younger fans) think that the Bills winning those two AFL Championships should mean so much more then the 4 straight AFC Championships. In reality, they all meant the exact same thing.

Thbe 1964 and 1965 teams still can lay claim to being the best teams in pro football in those years. They had a defense that was better than anything the NFL had, and a running game and passing game that would have been tough to beat. All the other teams had a chance to prove they were the best in the game...and, quite frankly, they didn't pull through. I'll stake claim to those two being the best in the game, having watched thes bills throughout those seasons, and I'd stack them up against the Packers or Cowboys in either of those seasons.

One other game that sticks out in my memory was in November 1975, a MNF game against Cincinnati (in Cinci). I remember because it was my 21st birthday. OJ Simpson ran wild that night ... something close to 200 yards. Of course, Ken Anderson passed for about 400 yards against the Bills, and the Bengals won it going away.

One play that sticks out in my mind was with OJ running into the secondary, with 3 or 4 Bengals chasing/closing in on him, and he makes a cut and slips and falls, but at the same moment, all the defenders slip and fall too, and OJ was able to get up untouched and run another 10-15 yards before finally being brought down. They used to show that play regularly on the "NFL Bloopers" shows.

Two of my favorites that I saw in person are:

The 1974 MNF win against the Raiders

http://www.mmbolding.com/Monday/Two_Classi...tball_Games.htm

and the 1980 Season Opener when the Bills beat the Dolphins to break the 0 for the 70's losing streak.

Great pick! I was there and it's one of my fondest memories of my youth!!

Thought Art Thomes (sp?) ruined it for us but Fergy delievered again!! Only to watch helplessly as Blanda tried to win it with an FG as time expired. Wide LEFT!!