Charles Davis on NFL Network made his pick for the Bills

Guest dog14787
I'm not saying running the ball isn't important. It is. But it's NOT what it was. You pass to set up the run. Meaning, the better the passing game the better your running game. You need talented RBs. But you don't need SUPERSTAR RBs. In fact, I'd argue that super star RBs on your team is a waste of cap space because you can get the same production from a two man backfield of lesser paid players.

Put it another way ... if the saints had Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch rather than Bush and their other two HBs, they STILL would have been 4th in the league in rushing (or higher because Jackson is better than any back they have) AND they would have won the super bowl still.

So, again, what's the logic in drafting a HB when we already have two capable ones on the rosters and no QB to utilize them?

Answer? ZERO.

I agree tgregg, especially after watching Miami totally dominate time of possession and literally run the ball down their opponents throats numerous times yet they would still lose ball games.The running game is important, but not near as important as the passing game in my opinion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree tgregg, especially after watching Miami totally dominate time of possession and literally run the ball down their opponents throats numerous times yet they would still lose ball games.The running game is important, but not near as important as the passing game in my opinion.

I'm with you.

The great thing about this draft for the Bills is they have so many holes that they will have to try REALLY hard to mess up the top 3 picks. Even if they opt to draft someone people don't like, chances are it will be an area of extreme need. I'm doing a lot of lobbying for getting a franchise QB, but that doesn't mean that I would mind a scenario where they go LT, NT, RT in the first three rounds at all.

Frankly, the only way they can screw up the top three picks is if they take a RB, DB or P/K. Really, every other position is of need -- how much so just depends on who you ask.

I would prefer the team NOT to trade down because I think there will be a serious impact player available at 9 -- but I can see the logic in getting more picks in a deep draft. I'm also in favor of trading up for Bradford or Clausen (only if the front office feels one of them is a legit franchise QB). But trading up for any other position would be a huge mistake in my eyes.