Owners hold your MUD!!

CAVEDAWG

:devil: I hope there isnt a lockout......BUT....I'm so tired of these rookie nobodies who command "BOOKUU" Dollars and have never played a down in the NFL!!! :wallbash:

Let the money go to the proven players!!!! (Veterans) :thumbsup: Most kids today have no HEART!!! That is once they have been paid!!! :)

I say let the rookies prove they deserve the money. Make them earn it. They can still get there money from corporate sponsers who want to use their names and image. Let them become GOOD men and role models for our kids and bring strong values back. If they screw up they can be dumped just like some of "Tigers" sponsors did. (Sorry Tiger sucks to be you...sorry if I don't cry for you and all your money)

** Blushing ** Sorry got caught up in all the excitement. HOLD YOUR MUD OWNERS!!! You guys own the Teams not the players. They need to be reminded they WORK for you!! :nana:

Agreed I say lock them and their greedy agents out. Let them sit for a year or two and find out Billionares are still going to be billionares long after the millionares have spent their money. AND there are many others willing to step in and take their place if they dont' want to play for less money.

There are some serious issues that need to be fixed in these negotiations. One is rookie pay. A couple years back when Miami drafted Jake Long he became the highest paid O-lineman in the NFL the minute he signed his contract. I love Jake Long (he's a Wolverine),but there's no way he should be the highest paid at his position without ever playing a down in the league. That's just one example,it happens all the time. I don't blame the players for trying to get all they can in a brutal sport that has a short window of opportunity. But both sides need to look at the big picture. There is plenty of middle ground for a fair agreement if both sides are reasonable.

There are some serious issues that need to be fixed in these negotiations. One is rookie pay. A couple years back when Miami drafted Jake Long he became the highest paid O-lineman in the NFL the minute he signed his contract. I love Jake Long (he's a Wolverine),but there's no way he should be the highest paid at his position without ever playing a down in the league. That's just one example,it happens all the time. I don't blame the players for trying to get all they can in a brutal sport that has a short window of opportunity. But both sides need to look at the big picture. There is plenty of middle ground for a fair agreement if both sides are reasonable.

I agree. It is a brutal sport but they have to pay their dues. The military (war) can be brutal also. I don't see the Gov. dishing out big money to the recruits to go to war. They give it to the veterans!

El Tigre...where do you live? I'm in Lemoore Ca. now. My heart bleeds for the Bills though!! Moved here years ago...job.

Would a rookie cap create the possiblility of the CFL or even new Pro Football leagues to snatch up some of the highly rated rookies?

If you are a rookie, and a CFL team offers you $$ but the NFL rookie cap prevents NFL teams from matching, where do you go?

You may still go to the NFL if you believe you be great and that your payday will come when your contract is up. Or you may still go to the NFL because you know if you don't succeed there you can still go the CFL later.

Is it possible that a rookie cap could be a double edge sword?

Rookie Cap is a gimme. Even the players union is for it. As much as they like seeing players make that coin, the players union thinks it unfairly takes money away from the veterans (true). So Everyone will be on board with the rookie cap (save a few very unlucky college grads)