charlie whitehurst update

bkc

Updating a previous item, the Cardinals and Seahawks are both reportedly "discussing contract parameters" with restricted free agent QB Charlie Whitehurst.

The third-round tender doesn't seem to be prohibitive, though the Seahawks would have to work out a trade since they don't have a pick in that round (Arizona has two). Seattle is looking for Matt Hasslebeck's successor while the Cardinals are seeking competition for Matt Leinart. Though unproven, Whitehurst offers size, athleticism, and a strong arm.

Source: Arizona Republic

Related: Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Leinart

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

If Seattle signs Whithurst and if and it is a big if Washngton passes on Clausen does he slide to #9 ?

Dispite the left tackle hole, it might be in Bills best interest to take Clausen if he falls to 9

thoughts ?

If the scouts think that Clausen is the kind of quarterback who will likely be the kind of guy who can run a pro team for a decade, and compete with playoff QBs, then they should take him.

Honestly, I have no reason to think one way or another - I have no good feeling on evaluating college QBs.

Clausen coud slide into the late first round or round two if GM's get the sense his attitude sucks. I really don't know why they would. He played hurt and rallied his team several times, but apparently that is the knock against him. Could he be the next Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn to fall like a rock? Let's hope he goes in the top 8 which will mean one of the top 4 tackles or Berry will still be there and the Bills can trade down.