Will Mo'Nique show her hairy legs at the Oscars?

How dare she sully the Oscars, eh WBF?

I never knew much about her or paid any attention to her style of comedy, but CBS Sunday Morning had a nice piece on her today. She seems like a pretty grounded person and apparently gave a stunning performance in an very dramatic role. I'll be happy for her if she wins tonight.

Unfortunately, the only oscar movie i've seen this past year has been Inglorious Basterds. Great great great movie, but its the only one I've seen. I'll reserve comment till I plow through them all on netflix in the coming weeks. As for the legs, good lord...

Update: Mo'Nique won. And a pretty good speech to boot.

I'll say this, if someone told me a year ago that Mo'Nique would win an Oscar, I would have laughed.

Well, it happened.

Actually her speech was the least gracious speech I've ever heard. She pissed on everyone she was nominated with. F*&k her.

Actually her speech was the least gracious speech I've ever heard. She pissed on everyone she was nominated with. F*&k her.

Agreed.

I did see Precious though and I *HATED* her character so much -- which to me, is the sign of a great performance. :thumbsup:

She gave unquestionably the best performance. Still I think her speech was very inappropriate and bad-hearted.

As to films this year that were really award worthy...Hurt Locker was definitely there as was Avatar, Single Man, Crazy Heart and, in my opinion, Inglorious Bastards. The other five were not worthy, even the Blind Side. I say this even though I like Michael Oher (more if we had drafted him) and Sandra Bullock. Bullock was a weak performance for an Oscar, but her speech was wonderful. She has a place on Tybee Island where I go quite a bit and she is really liked by everyone there.