DT Lewis released

4-3 DT he has little to no value for a 3-4 scheme. JMO

Yes he played in 4-3 but he has size and strength to be a NT in 3-4, and is stout against the run. If can get him, I would be happy, as long as they also grabbed someone in the draft, because odds are he doesn't make it through the whole season healthy with his knee issues, unless he is in a platoon.

Yes he played in 4-3 but he has size and strength to be a NT in 3-4, and is stout against the run. If can get him, I would be happy, as long as they also grabbed someone in the draft, because odds are he doesn't make it through the whole season healthy with his knee issues, unless he is in a platoon.

6'2" 302 lbs - I think his size fits him more as a 3-4 DE.

6'2" 302 lbs - I think his size fits him more as a 3-4 DE.

Your right, was thinking of DT Jamal Williams that the Chargers released when replied to this. Not sure how got them confused in my head, expecially since Williams did play in 3-4.

Lewis doesnt have the speed to move outside, but is a very good D-Lineman when healthy. Isnt a good fit for 3-4 as your main DT as you pointed out, although he is very strong at point of attack, and may be able to be a rotational type for passrushing downs in 3-4.