dan williams?

swnybillsfan

i don't watch any college football so i have no idea who is really how good. but dan williams' name keeps popping up and usually as mid-late 1st, early 2nd round pick. seems like he has the size, but other than that, i know as much about how good a football player he is as serena or venus williams. if he could be good, and had later i the draft, would the bills be well served to trade down and pick this guy up and get additional picks/players/trade bait?

i don't watch any college football so i have no idea who is really how good. but dan williams' name keeps popping up and usually as mid-late 1st, early 2nd round pick. seems like he has the size, but other than that, i know as much about how good a football player he is as serena or venus williams. if he could be good, and had later i the draft, would the bills be well served to trade down and pick this guy up and get additional picks/players/trade bait?

I don't know how far down we could trade.....he could very well go to Denver the pick after ours.

I am like you, to a degree, as I have a deal with the Mrs. where I have Bills football beamed in on a Sunday, so my Saturday's are supposedly free of College Football. All I can say about this arrangement is thank God for Tivo!! However, back to the question.... I watched his performance at the Senior Bowl practices and he is going to be a bonified NFL Nose Tackle or DT in whatever scheme he's drafted for. Good balance and power, he seemingly can anchor with his 329 lb. frame, and coaching in the Pros will bring him along just fine!!

he is a remarkably good DT. Remember Tennessee under Fulmer produced some remarkable defensive linemen, such as Haynesworth, Henderson, and of course Reggie. His performance through the year was good in the SEC, and he made some very good plays in the senior bowl. A definite grab for round 2, but I think his stock is rising and he'll be in mid round 1 pretty soon. Can't have enough Tennessee players in round 1! I wouldn't whine too much if the Bills took him, but I'd rather a good LT choice or McClain if available first.

I am like you, to a degree, as I have a deal with the Mrs. where I have Bills football beamed in on a Sunday, so my Saturday's are supposedly free of College Football. All I can say about this arrangement is thank God for Tivo!! However, back to the question.... I watched his performance at the Senior Bowl practices and he is going to be a bonified NFL Nose Tackle or DT in whatever scheme he's drafted for. Good balance and power, he seemingly can anchor with his 329 lb. frame, and coaching in the Pros will bring him along just fine!!

well then, if this guy has the size and the ability, then all that is left is character and nastiness. if he is a class act off the feild, has a brain in his head, and is "intrinsically motivated", is he our guy at 9? i can't help but think that a beast of a man in the middle of the defense is the perfect place to start. if you can tie up 2-3 blockers with one guy, he instantly makes everyone around him better. to me, that's what you need to get, a guy that not only makes an impact on his own, but makes things easier for those around him and coaching him. right now all i have is a lot of hope and a few what ifs, and i would love them to turn into "holy crap, this worked out nicely!"

Personally, I'd be very wary of Denver too, so I would take him at 9 and never look back!! I think his stock is going to skyrocket during combine week, where his athletic prowess will make him a coveted pick. Nose Tackles are worth every penny they get. Think B.J. Raji going 9 last year to Green Bay, this guy is better (slightly) than Raji, IMO.

Just to add and agree a little with tennesseeboy, I live about 45 min south of Knoxville, so I've seen pretty much every Tenn game. I would love to land Dan Williams but no way would I use the #9 to do so. But, if there was a chance to redeem the McCargo screw up it would be to trade up to the mid twenties if Williams is still hanging around. The guy will never have a Haynesworth type impact (although it took Haynesworth a few years himself) but what Williams could add to the run D would be worth it. He is a true late round 1 talent, not a 3rd or 4th rounder like McCargo who Marv wanted to make himself look like Donahoe 2.0. If we want Williams or Cody, we will have to get back to around #25 to do so, and I would have no problem with it.

Just to add and agree a little with tennesseeboy, I live about 45 min south of Knoxville, so I've seen pretty much every Tenn game. I would love to land Dan Williams but no way would I use the #9 to do so. But, if there was a chance to redeem the McCargo screw up it would be to trade up to the mid twenties if Williams is still hanging around. The guy will never have a Haynesworth type impact (although it took Haynesworth a few years himself) but what Williams could add to the run D would be worth it. He is a true late round 1 talent, not a 3rd or 4th rounder like McCargo who Marv wanted to make himself look like Donahoe 2.0. If we want Williams or Cody, we will have to get back to around #25 to do so, and I would have no problem with it.

HI neighbor I live in Maryville