What would Bills fans say to ownership doing this?

DarthICE

Jerry Richardson is a very principled person who acts on his beliefs. Expediency is not in his vocabulary. When Bill Polian worked for him when the franchise began he made it clear to Polian that he had a particular organizational structure and that he would have to work under that setup. Polian wanted total control of the football operations which Richardson would not allow. Bill Polian then left.

If the money titans such as Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder dominate the negotiations with the players as opposed to the wise owners such as Richardson, Mara, Rooneys etc. then there is going to be a major labor strife.

Following the Panthers I have to think his sons got fired for the reasons you suggest with Polian. And although they 'resigned' word everywhere was he **** canned both of them. One of the other reasons is many feel they went around Jerry to sign Delhomme to that stupid contract.

The fans would probably throw a bitchfit, but it's the right move, living in panther country, there's alot of fans that respect richardson for the way he has operated the franchise, minus the delhomme contract. Point is, peppers is a me first guy that doesn't fit on a team first team. He would be awesome for the cowboys, they're all about me first guys. Richardson is doing the right thing, and I hope if we are ever in this situation we do too.

The fans would probably throw a bitchfit, but it's the right move, living in panther country, there's alot of fans that respect richardson for the way he has operated the franchise, minus the delhomme contract. Point is, peppers is a me first guy that doesn't fit on a team first team. He would be awesome for the cowboys, they're all about me first guys. Richardson is doing the right thing, and I hope if we are ever in this situation we do too.

Exactly CB. The Panthers are my #2 team for many reasons. I have followed them from the first day they got the franchise so I agree on peppers and Richardson. I feel, as many, that the 'boys' are the ones that signed Delhomme and that is part of the reason they are gone.

Peppers is a punk. He admits he doesn't play at 100% and as you have seen the guy takes off as many plays as he makes. Last year and this were contract years for him so he actually tried 80% of the time. It is past time to ship the guy out of town.

Exactly CB. The Panthers are my #2 team for many reasons. I have followed them from the first day they got the franchise so I agree on peppers and Richardson. I feel, as many, that the 'boys' are the ones that signed Delhomme and that is part of the reason they are gone.

Peppers is a punk. He admits he doesn't play at 100% and as you have seen the guy takes off as many plays as he makes. Last year and this were contract years for him so he actually tried 80% of the time. It is past time to ship the guy out of town.

I can't help but think that same attitude was part of the reason clements and peters were both let go, yet both moves were met with criticism by the fanbase. I think when you look at drafting and resigning players to big money deals it's VERY important to look at a player like peppers as a cautionary example of the type of guys you ultimately dont want, that being amazingly talented, but also incredibly selfish. Cancer spreads on a football team, plain and simple. it's always better to just cut it out that try to treat the problem, ya know

I can't help but think that same attitude was part of the reason clements and peters were both let go, yet both moves were met with criticism by the fanbase. I think when you look at drafting and resigning players to big money deals it's VERY important to look at a player like peppers as a cautionary example of the type of guys you ultimately dont want, that being amazingly talented, but also incredibly selfish. Cancer spreads on a football team, plain and simple. it's always better to just cut it out that try to treat the problem, ya know

I have no problems with the Peters trade. He was an ass and admitted he didn't play hard thinking about the contract. Those guys need to be off my team in a heartbeat. My only problem was not addressing the hole by taking Oher and instead taking that wuss Maybin.

I have no problems with the Peters trade. He was an ass and admitted he didn't play hard thinking about the contract. Those guys need to be off my team in a heartbeat. My only problem was not addressing the hole by taking Oher and instead taking that wuss Maybin.

again, totally agree, before he was traded I remember telling my brother that same thing, about dumping him and getting oher, and thats not to say Maybin won't turn into a good 3-4 OLB, but I was def. not on board with the pick. I am confident that chan, whaley and Nix will build this team right, there's a ton of experience in good drafting just between the GM and AGm not to at least get us in the playoffs once in the next couple years.

and of course you can only spell great drafting one way

L-E-F-E-V-O-U-R

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I had no problem with Peters being traded. The problem I had was that there was no credible backup plan to fill the critical LT spot after he departed. Believing that the lumbering Langston Walker would be an adequate replacement was absurd. Even Walker knew that he wasn't suited for the more athletic LT spot. Not only was it laughable believing that the very raw Demetrius Bell could replace Walker but it was outright asinine. He can't even get the snap count correct for heaven's sake.

The organizational structure that the goofy owner established with Levy and Brandon was silly. Having the marketing person be the acting GM and coordinating disorganized decision making was pathetic. Jerry Richardson has a declared organizational structure and he wants the employees to work within it.

One of the primary reasons there were problems with the Carolina organization is because Jerry Richardson got very sick. He had to have a heart transplant. So it is somewhat understandable why turf conflicts developed while he was out of operation.

The Carolina model is a good model for the Bills to copy, as is the Steeler model. The franchise is run in a very fiscally

responsible manner and there is a clear line of authority and responsibilities. With the Bills prior to Nix being GM you didn't even know who was responsible for making the draft picks. In addition, the person structuring the contracts (Oberdorf) was not always in tune with the people who were making the personnel decisions. The incompetent owner devised a system in which the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. The disasterous results on the playing field should not have been unexpected.

With respect to Peppers and his constant contract saga: When is enough enough! The Panthers wanted to accommodate him but he kept uping the ante. When you are in a profession in which debilitating injuries are part of the work environment why wouldn't you want to come to contract agreement before you blow out your knee and then are left out in the cold.

When you are in a profession in which debilitating injuries are part of the work environment why wouldn't you want to come to contract agreement before you blow out your knee and then are left out in the cold.

dude, if 18-20 mil is "out in the cold" then I'm snow friggin white. he's been VERY well compensated, and the fact that everyone has called him out for taking plays off, and only playing when he wants to is an outright shame. I understand wanting a long term deal, but enough is enough. Maybe if he played hard every snap, this wouldn't be a concern.

Carolina wanted to make him the highest paid Defensive player in the NFL and he balked. Bottom line he doesn't want to be there AND he wants MUCH more than just being the highest paid player.

I will say it right now, whomever is stupid enough to give this clown a huge contract is going to get screwed.

Carolina wanted to make him the highest paid Defensive player in the NFL and he balked. Bottom line he doesn't want to be there AND he wants MUCH more than just being the highest paid player.

I will say it right now, whomever is stupid enough to give this clown a huge contract is going to get screwed.

I certainly did not!!!!

I never offered him a penny

Roger Goodell needs all the allies he can get in the labor war with the NFLPA. I believe the owners can hold out longer, but Richardson knows that prices for players will be going down. Anyone who's read "America's Game" by Michael McCambridge knows that Wellington Mara gave up a lot of money for the benefit of the NFL. And it's been proven to be the right decision.

Goodell will be waging a war with not only the NFLPA, but also against the mega owners Snyder and Jones. They'll want all the money they can get, especially Jerra who has big time debt from his new palace.

One last thing: it's strange to think that the NFL Commissioner is more or less on the side of the owners. The NFL isn't designed this way, but of late the Commissioner is seemingly on ownership's side against the union. Yet, those same 32 owners vote for their commissioner, as opposed to a single person mediating between the owners and union.

the owners will still have games and field scrubs. the millionare athletes with their money cut off can't outlast billionare owners that will still have money coming in.

The Athletes better cut the BS or they are going to be working real jobs here soon.

dude, if 18-20 mil is "out in the cold" then I'm snow friggin white. he's been VERY well compensated, and the fact that everyone has called him out for taking plays off, and only playing when he wants to is an outright shame. I understand wanting a long term deal, but enough is enough. Maybe if he played hard every snap, this wouldn't be a concern.

You must have misread my response. The point I was making is how much is enough. The organization went out of its way to accommodate him and he continued to move the bar in his demands. There comes a point where the team's interest as a whole has to be the priority (especially in a cap structure) over a single player's interest.

What he doesn't understand is that not many other teams will give him the golden contract which he is demanding because it will consume too much of their cap. Another factor he appears not to have considered is the timing of his contract. There is a good possibility that there might be a lock out a couple years down the road which will stifle interest in signing him even more. Sometimes when one over-reach you lose your balance and fall.

You must have misread my response. The point I was making is how much is enough. The organization went out of its way to accommodate him and he continued to move the bar in his demands. There comes a point where the team's interest as a whole has to be the priority (especially in a cap structure) over a single player's interest.

What he doesn't understand is that not many other teams will give him the golden contract which he is demanding because it will consume too much of their cap. Another factor he appears not to have considered is the timing of his contract. There is a good possibility that there might be a lock out a couple years down the road which will stifle interest in signing him even more. Sometimes when one over-reach you lose your balance and fall.

yeah, thats excatly what I was getting at, so we are on the same page.