Things that Will Pry Happen - Reality Check

Virgil

I think most of us agree right now that Ralph has a product to sell. Yes, he sells out all the games, but it's not going to get any easier and he needs something to keep the fans excited after the DJ fiasco.

However, I think we've all learned after the coaching search, and with some of the FA's last year (Tiamovxzcvcv), that Buffalo is not high on people's to-do list.

With that, I think it's safe to say that the best way to get hype going on a team is with a QB. I'm not trying to state the obvious here, but we simply don't have one. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a free agent out there who will give us the fix we need, and McNabb is not going to approve a trade here. Believe me, I would love McNabb to come here, but it's just not going to happen. With that, I see us grabbing a journeyman qb like Garcia, and going QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

In the FA market, I see us maybe signing a bunch of depth guys, but no huge impact players. I think Pierce from the Giants may be an option, but nothing much better than him. In the draft, if one of those top 2 OT's are there at 9, then that's where we have to go. There is no way we can survive with our current O-Line. Of the positions out there, OT can make the greatest impact for us. It's also one of the safer positions to pick for impact (trying to forget Mike Williams) If neither of them are there, then I think we trade back, even if McClain is there. McClain is great and all, but LB is not the difference maker this team needs the most nor is it the position we can hype for the upcoming season. As for QB at 9, i'm sorry, but I seriously doubt either Bradford or Clausen will be there. Think about the year that Eli and Rivers were rookies. Rivers wasn't even a blip on the radar going into the combine. Every year this happens with QB's. Bradford will probably end up going first, and that will force either Washington or Seattle to take Clausen, cause they know that he will not last long.

With that, if we can't get the OT we want at 9, then trade back, get another 2nd or 3rd, and get value. We need to fill DT, OT, LB, and QB. And they need to be starters, except QB. If trading back gives us 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, then that's what will happen in my opinion.

End of the day, I see us doing some trading to acquire more picks. Nix has already said that he wants to build in the draft and I don't see us getting any A+ FA's in here. Partially cause Ralph won't spend the money and partially cause they won't want to play here.

So, end result, I'm willing to put money on the top 2 QB's, OT's, and DT's being gone when we draft at 9. And with that, McClain could very well be gone. If that's the case, anyone we take at 9 is going to be a reach, so trade back and get the picks.

i'm fine that the bills didn't make much noise with the hiring of the coaching staff. i'd much rather have a bunch of "who?" guys than "WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!" guys. i'd be fine with solid value free agents that can provide depth and adequate play over one guy that gets 10 mil a year and has that star power in his name. and as far as the draft goes...if we have a repeat of the success of the '09 draft, with the addition of actually drafting a first rounder that is ready to play some football, i think we are doing good. also, in the addition by subtraction catagory, without dj's horrible clock management/quick decision making skills, isn't this team already 2-3 games better? oh yeah, and what if they actually practice hitting/blocking/tackling?