Honestly, what is everyone expecting for 2011?

What will be our fate this coming season?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What will be our fate this coming season?

• Miss playoffs, top 10 draft pick in 2011
    • Miss playoffs, barely, future looks bright
    • Sneak into playoffs, shouldn't have
    • Look out AFC East, the Bills are BACK!

If the Bills fare well in FA, the Draft, and its roster decisions, I have no reason to BILLIEVE we can end up 9-7 with the coaching staff we have now. Here's what I think the Bills should do this offseason.

1. Trade for a QB instead of drafting one early. Upcoming draft has no clear cut QB's that are worthy of drafting in the 1st rd, this years UFA QB's are very weak, therefore trading for one is the way to go. Mcnabb, Vick, Quinn, Anderson, and possibly Thigpen can be had through trades and all would be upgrades for the Bills. Trading for a vet QB will also give the Bills time to find out if Brohm or another young QB are the future or not. If I were the Bills FO I would offer the Eagles this years 2nd rd pick, next years 4th, and Whitner(Philly needs a Safety bad) for Mcnabb. If that doesn't work I would offer Whitner for Vick straight up or a 5th rd pick. The Bills more then likely will not be able to sign Vick if he's cut by the Eagles because the Rams are rumored to be the front runners and there's always a possibility other teams like the Cardinals or Seahawks can enter the bidding war for Vick's services as well. QB position problem solved with Mcnabb or Vick.

2. Draft a LT. LT should be addressed with our 1st rd pick because this years UFA LT's class is the weakest of all positions(none are worthy of signing IMO) and finding teams to trade with for one that is any good is rare unless your the Bills. If Bryan Bulaga is available at #9 overall he should be our pick. LT position problem solved with our starting O-Line hopefully looking like this: LT Bulaga, LG Levitre, C Wood, RG Incognito, and RT Butler which would be a mean -nasty lineup.

3. Sign UFA DT instead of drafting one early. position is very strong and should be the Bills major FA acquisition. 3-4 guys like Wolfork, Hampton, and Ryan Pickett are all available and would fit in perfectly with our new 3-4 Defense. Longshot FA pickup is Wolfork but since it's the Bills we're talking about here Casey Hampton is a good possibility. Even though DT position appears to be strong in the draft 3-4 DT's aren't because they come at a premium and are hard to find however drafting one for depth later in the draft is important. Potential DL starting lineup: Williams, Hampton, and Stroud. That's a good D-Line right there. Draft best available DE/DT in the 4th rd.

4. LB's are set with Schobel and Maybin as outside backers and Mitchell and Puz as inside backers. Draft a LB in the 3rd because UFA LB position is weak this year.

5. Sign 1 FA WR and Draft 1. Josh Reed is a UFA WR and will not be re-signed, if we don't upgrade at QB T.O is gone too, and there's a good possibility Parrish will be cut as well which means we can potentially have 3 open positions to replace. I believe Gailey and Nix are smart enough to understand that Hardy and Johnson aren't the answers at WR but rather ones who would come along gradually and fill specific roles on offense that is why its so important that we sign 1 or 2 UFA WR's to insert into the starting lineup. If we getMcnabb or Vick I would re-sign T.O and either Chris Chambers or Kevin Walter. If we dont get Mcnabb or Vick I would try to pickup Chambers and Walters.

6. Rd's 5-7 can be filled with RT, WR, LB, and DL.

What do you think??