When a team lacks talent...

Got_Wood

When a team lacks talent, one should consider trade-downs to get 2 players. The Bills have done this a few times lately, and I think it's the right idea. If a player falls to #9 that other teams want, they should consider trading down.

I read an article that McClain might be the player that falls to the Bills, and gives them an opportunity to trade. McClain would be hard to say "trade down" to. Other players I wouldn't trade down for? Maybe Okung, Derrick Morgan, and that's it. Other than them, I'd trade down.

Trading down is the smart move of course we have traded up almost every year

Trading down requires a team willing to pay to trade up, and in the past few years, other than Sanchez, there has not been a lot of "demand" to trade up. I doubt it this year too, not until the mid or late First Round. One of the problems is the size of the contract the top 10 get, and the likelihood of a holdout.

I personally like Derrick Morgan. I think he's a solid pick at 9 depending on how the Aaron Schobel thing goes. I want a O line just as much as anybody, but I think once our unit is healthy they can be pretty good. Our D line needs help or we will be 31st in run D again all next year.

Also I think Rolando is a bit over rated. I think he benefits from a great system and other great players.

I understand and agree with the argument that favors a bad team trading down. In this year I don't think that would be best as it is almost a given that there will be one of two "blue chip" left tackles available at 9, Bauga and/or Davis. I gotta say go with whichever one is available as it is an opportunity to give our offense a major improvement.

You take a look at who the best players in the country are in the upcoming draft and you try and get one of those guys, regardless of their position. The Bills don't need to get the 3rd best player at a position just because it's one of their biggest needs. We've made that mistake before. Who are the best players out there this year?

- Ndamukong Suh

- Eric Berry

- Gerald McCoy

- Russel Okung

- Rolando McClain

I would say that is the elite group. And this next group is the 2nd tier:

- Sam Bradford Jimmy Clausen

- Brian Bulaga

- Joe Haden

- CJ Spiller

- Dez Bryant

- Mike Iupati

I honestly have no idea what Buddy and Chan are going to do. Makes things a little more interesting.

Fixed :thumbdown: