Why do Bills fans cling to crappy QB's?

DarthICE

With all due respect, Druck only started one NFL game in his entire career. He was a bust from the get-go since he lacked accuracy (completed only 54% in college) and was dumb as a box of rocks. Edwards has already shown glimpses that he can play in this league. He had a winning record in his first two years (12-11). Up until the New Orleans game, he showed some promise. He just wasn't the same from that point on. If he was injured then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... if not then hopefully Chan and company can fix him. Otherwise, he may make a serviceable backup.

Drunk also had legal issues, raping a girl or something, if I remember correct.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a couple of predictions,

I predict JP Losman will restart his NFL career and eventually carry a team to the playoffs.

I predict Trent Edwards will carry his team to the playoffs one day.

I predict 90% of the folks that seemed to know it all when it comes to JP Losman and Trent Edwards will never admit how wrong they were when both of them succeed in the NFL.

Time will tell...

GO SABRES!!! ( I predict Tyler Myers is going to be a pretty good hockey player one day) :)

Losman sucks, always has, always will.

Edwards I don't know what time will tell.

You can have all the rest but Flutie (If given the team ) and the chance instead of after leading the team to the brink of the play offs and getting pulled the last game for that SO CALLED QB Rob J O Johnson !!! Flutie was an always will be a winner that guy had heart & i think it would've been a different out come if not for that brilliant decision , but i agree with the rest .

I love Flutie too. We forgot about VanPelt - AVP would have been ok with just about any other team at that point- nobody gave him a chance because he looked like the doughboy

Maybe its because we haven't had a real QB talent here in so long they think a staff should be able to polish a turd. I bring this up because we still have fans, even after all the proof on the field to the contrairy' that think Edwards is going to be the QB we need.

Edwards sucks. NO staff is going to be able to change what he is. Captain checkdown, oft injured, won't throw with anticipation or into tight coverage, ****ty throwing motion....in college and pros! You can't change what he is. Just like Collins, Hobart, JR, Flutie, Bledsoe (really going downhill when we got him), JP and now Edwards....ALL were nothing but BACKUP talent that the 'brain trust' at OBD though was starter quality.

But no matter what the proof, no matter how they failed its always 'the coaching' that is the problem. Well those guys listed went on to other teams and started a short while before teams (much quicker than the Bills) figured out they are nothing but backups at best and put them there. And still we had fans screaming that this guy or that guy just needs more time blah blah blah. NO THEY DONT! You will know in about 30 games or so if a guy has it or not IF that long. But we still have fans that fought like hell for this guy or that for some reason.

I am praying that Nix pulls the trigger and gets us some damn good talent in here to develop so we can put the QB issue (THE most important issue on a team) to rest finally.

Humm.... You clearly miss the whole point. "Fan" should make it very clear. One cheers for and supports what they have, not that they don't want better. Last I checked, none of those on this board are in a position to have any input on who is on the roster.........

Losman sucks, always has, always will.

Edwards I don't know what time will tell.

Losman was a project and shouldn't have started as quickly as he did. Donahoe should have been smarter than the average fan and kept Bledsoe. Losman showed a few flashes but fizzled out after taking too many bad hits and not having anyone other than Lee Evans to throw to. Edwards showed flashes as well, but got knocked into oblivion and rushed back from a concussion.

We need to fix the line. Bring Ferragamo back at QB for all I care

Guest dog14787
The sacks and injuries Trent Edwards suffers while trying to keep plays alive, if not a risk what would you call it? Better to throw the ball into double coverage or before the pass pattern has time to develop and throw an interception? So TE checks it down and tries to keep the ball moving , but that's not good enough for anyone.

Its a fact, QB's have regressed behind the Bills coaching staffs and General Management or lack there of over the last few years. The Bills have ranked close to last in almost every important offensive category.

We have two choices, continue with poor management and keep burning through QB's and sending them down the road as the scapegoat or bring in proper management and start winning football games. Good coaching and upper management could take Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, even JP Losman and get there perspective team to the playoffs in my opinion.

So lets not kid ourselves here, good QB's are important for success in the national Football league, but without proper management and Coaching its not happening...

We have a good group of young QB's in Edwards, Brohm and Fitzpatrick in my opinion. Edwards is close to .500 playing under horrific Coaching and O-line play and Fitzpatrick counting the Jets game has now won 9 of his last 12 games. Brian Brohm in his first start showed good composure considering he only had a few weeks to learn the offense.( I've got a good feeling about Brohm)

So why not use our draft picks and any possible free agent signing to bolster our O-line/defense and play some smash mouth football. Action Freddie Jackson behind a good O-line could actually make a run for the rushing title next season in my opinion.