who is the def coordinator

I was just wondering if our new def coordinator could be one of the coaches from the colts or saints and maybe we have already hired him but cannot say anything until after the game. It is just odd to me that we are hiring linebacker coaches and not letting the def coordinator pick his own staff. And this could be why.

I was just wondering if our new def coordinator could be one of the coaches from the colts or saints and maybe we have already hired him but cannot say anything until after the game. It is just odd to me that we are hiring linebacker coaches and not letting the def coordinator pick his own staff. And this could be why.

Could be. Anything is possible. Contract negotiations, Superbowl team staffer, Who know? I wish they would get it out though. I want to know if it's a 4-3 still or a 3-4 transition!

Could be. Anything is possible. Contract negotiations, Superbowl team staffer, Who know? I wish they would get it out though. I want to know if it's a 4-3 still or a 3-4 transition!

Murphy mumbled during the 6 pm sports that Sanders "might" be named the Defensive coordinator. He just kind of slipped it in there. yeah I know ....

John Teerlinck, DL Coach of Indianapolis.

I read up on Teerlink. Despite coaching mostly DL for 20 years in the NFL, he's never been a DC. He's had a lot of success coaching pass rushers, but he was also called out in the mid 90's for allegedly teaching pass rushers and d-linemen to take out O-Linemens' knees. Despite that, he has gone on to coach the Broncos' SB winning D-Lines in 98'-99', and of course has won a SB with the Colts, and should win his 4th overall SB as an assistant coach a week from Sunday as Colts' DL coach this year. Plus, he's from Rochester, NY! He seems like a pretty good choice, despite the fact it would be his first season as a DC.

But alas, unless you have a solid link or are confident you've heard this from a real source, I think you can forget it. Reading through his coaching history, he never crossed paths and worked on the same team as Chan. It appears that Chan only wants guys he's already worked with, so I think you can cross him off the list. I hope I'm wrong, it would be great to add a coach who has coached in 3 to 4 SB wins!

Didn't "Chan the Man" hire one of his old GT coaches to be our "outside linebackers" coach???

I wouldn't think a 4-3 would need an outside linebackers coach ..... I'm just guessing here

Murphy mumbled during the 6 pm sports that Sanders "might" be named the Defensive coordinator. He just kind of slipped it in there. yeah I know ....

Probably just speculating on that based on the wording of the bb.com story, as I did earlier yesterday afternoon. (Emphasis on probably.) On a related note, a reliable source confirms that someone at Channel 4 has also been known to read this board from time to time ...

Didn't "Chan the Man" hire one of his old GT coaches to be our "outside linebackers" coach???

I wouldn't think a 4-3 would need an outside linebackers coach ..... I'm just guessing here

Eh? Two OLBs in both the 4-3 and 3-4, no?

Eh? Two OLBs in both the 4-3 and 3-4, no?

Correct .... there are two outside LBs in each formation ....... but do we really think we will have an inside LB coach for one inside LB .... or do we think the inside LB will go without a coach????

Not saying I know anything, (and MANY people say I know nothing) it's just odd that we didn't hire a LB coach if our intentions were to run the 4-3