LMAO so some still want Bledsoe?

ICE

The problem here maybe that wanting to move beyond the Bkedsoe years ab=nd actually moving beyond the Bledsoe years are two different things.

Virtually everyone except the most diehard of Bledsoe supporters would be overjoyed to see the Bills move on to the next alternative because of Bledsoe's lack of production. However, anyone with more than a kneejerk opinion against Bledsoe recognizes that the contractual obligations made by the Bills make life far more than the simple matter of cutting him and reloading.

Further, any thoughtful fan recognizes that in order to develop into a winning NFL QB Losman MUST play, but that a reasonable development stragegy for him involves a lot more than simply throwing him in to play until he is ready to get good developmental experience from playing.

In my mind Bledsoe almost certainly needs to be cut in order for the Bills to get better, but his contract was written to make a cut of him easily manageable if he played both this season and next. The earliest you can reasonably cut him and manage the implications of accelerating his bonus (a real management issue since the impossibility of managing the huge cap hit his trade cost NE actually played a lead role in them failing to make the playoffs both right after and right before SB wins) will be June of 2005.

Even beyond that comes the question of developing JP. He has and shows a lot, but the way he was thrown into mop-up time against NE was instructive mostly in that starting him before he is ready is likely to produce the same result. A week of reps is not going to teach him to adequately read and understand NFL offenses and defenses. A week of additional reps will not allow him to iron out the mechanical issues which were easily seen in the highlights of him running for his life at Tulane

Start JP when he is ready to start and not a moment too soon or a moment later than he is ready to develop and grow correctly from the starting experience. In the mean time, take the ,amy opportunities which our lousy record, match-up discrpancies and maybe even injuries will give JP to allow him to play.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The earliest you can reasonably cut him and manage the implications of accelerating his bonus (a real management issue since the impossibility of managing the huge cap hit his trade cost NE actually played a lead role in them failing to make the playoffs both right after and right before SB wins) will be June of 2005.

this makes the most sense... but the bills will still need to bring in a vet QB... and they may have no choice but to go with another June 1 cap casualty QB... unless of course they trade for someone. Who knows... we could end up with fiedler, batch, maddox, miller, or whoever... I think we all agree though... bledsoe is a horrid value @$6M/yr... He's a bad value at $1M too. Hell, Danny Kanell is more serviceable than Drew.

In hind sight, the Bills should have brought in Volek at the $2.5m tag, got rid of bledsoe and still drafted losman.... let those two fight it out and let the chips fall where they fall.

Guest Why do you post here?

Seriously, why the hell do you post on this board? Are you so starved for attention that you need to act like an ass?

Didn't you go away for a while? Do you realize people actually enjoyed you being gone?

Seriously, why the hell do you post on this board? Are you so starved for attention that you need to act like an ass?

Didn't you go away for a while? Do you realize people actually enjoyed you being gone?

130802[/snapback]

If you were one of those people, you ought to be upfront enough to use your screen name.

Guest swift one
Well I am not gonna stop until he is gone.

129941[/snapback]

Amen, brother!

It's time for mediocrity to move back to Montana. The odd decent performance should not overshadow the big picture. He's the past, not the future!!!

For every decent performance, he throws in 3 or 4 real stinkers.

Jesus Christ. It is beyond comprehension how blind some fans are.  Bledsoe is the #1 problem that keeps the Bills from being anything but a 8-8 team tops. ONLY because of the talent on D, ST's and the rest of the Offense do we have what little wins we have.

I don't know. Maybe Collins, Hobart, Flutie and RJ have screwed your minds so damn bad you don't know any better but to keep trying to give Bledsoe more chances.

you know NE Quit giving him chances...and has won 2 Superbowls.

129930[/snapback]

I told you so I told you so I told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------After last week's Drewdisaster(about his 6th this year in 10 games--niiiiccceeee) that if Drew didn't screw up the game against St. Louis and the Bills somehow won---that people with memories like tics would be saying...well Drew's not bad..lets see what he camn do...LOL LOL!!!!!!!-The sooner he gets yanked out of there the better.If he plays well the rest of the year and the Bills end up 8-8 Drew has STILL SCREWED UP THE SEASON!!!!!!....and if he starts next year--and ANOTHER Bills season is wasted--then Tom Donahoe should and may well be institutionalized.

this makes the most sense... but the bills will still need to bring in a vet QB... and they may have no choice but to go with another June 1 cap casualty QB... unless of course they trade for someone.  Who knows... we could end up with fiedler, batch, maddox, miller, or whoever...  I think we all agree though... bledsoe is a horrid value @$6M/yr... He's a bad value at $1M too.  Hell, Danny Kanell is more serviceable than Drew.

In hind sight, the Bills should have brought in Volek at the $2.5m tag, got rid of bledsoe and still drafted losman.... let those two fight it out and let the chips fall where they fall.

130661[/snapback]

what you say is true.

Shane Matthews is more serviceable than Drew, he is on the team but will never see the field.

As long as Teflon Tom is GM, Drew will start at QB for teh Bills, no matter how bad he plays.

The Bills are billsfanone to mediocrity as long as Drew is impersonating an NFl QB.

I told you so I told you so I told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------After last week's Drewdisaster(about his 6th this year in 10 games--niiiiccceeee) that if Drew didn't screw up the game against St. Louis and the Bills somehow won---that people with memories like tics would be saying...well Drew's not bad..lets see what he camn do...LOL LOL!!!!!!!-The sooner he gets yanked out of there the better.If he plays well the rest of the year and the Bills end up 8-8 Drew has STILL SCREWED UP THE SEASON!!!!!!....and if he starts next year--and ANOTHER Bills season is wasted--then Tom Donahoe should and may well be institutionalized.

131716[/snapback]

Bumping your own threads with unregistered posts. How pathetic. Thank you IP tracer.