Bills should be 7-3.

I agree somewhat with what the original poster said. If Clements just knocks down the ball against Jacksonville, the refs dont rape us in the Oakland game, and we stop the Jets on the last drive in the Jets game and we are all of sudden 7-3. Not 4-6.

That being said, I dont think Bledsoe was the main factor in those games. So ... once we lose 7-8 games, Losman will see considerable playing time.

I'm a huge Losman fan and do believe he is the future but we easily could be 7-3 (Three close losses) right now.

One more loss and my vote goes to putting Losman in for the remaining games.  I'd like to see if we can win out first.  I know it's not likely but I'd like to give JP some time to learn the system.

129814[/snapback]

I guess I don't quite understand your line of reasoning. We could easily be 7-3, but we are 4-6. While I don't put all the blame on Drew for those losses, he sure as hell didn't do anything to HELP the team. Those 3 losses ARE why you start JP.

I guess I don't quite understand your line of reasoning. We could easily be 7-3, but we are 4-6.  While I don't put all the blame on Drew for those losses, he sure as hell didn't do anything to HELP the team.  Those 3 losses ARE why you start JP.

129876[/snapback]

Yet at the same time, you can make an arguement that we would be more like Miami's 1-9 if JP Losman was playing. Rookie's struggle early - at least most of them.

because it will be a headstart for next year,drew is done and i'd rather jp get more than just training camp to be ready for next season,plus i think with jp in there we will definately try and run the ball more and not ask jp to do too much

Yet at the same time, you can make an arguement that we would be more like Miami's 1-9 if JP Losman was playing. Rookie's struggle early - at least most of them.

129880[/snapback]

But your question wasn't should we have started JP at the begginning of the season, it was why start him NOW.

Yes, we may have been 1-9 with a JP start. We also may be 9-1. Nobody knows.

What we do know is that we are now 4-6, with no real hope of a playoff spot (although some are still clinging to that hope).

During those 6 losses, Drew either played a BIG part in the loss, or didn't do anything a team leader type QB could do to spark the team and help them win.

There is simply no reason to start Bledsoe. NONE! I keep hearing these arguments and it just baffles me. If we could make the playoffs without winning out and hoping 7 other teams lose out....maybe Drew would give us the best chance...but reality is not that way.

GET THE KID ON THE FIELD!!! I don't care if they start it our for a quarter a game, or a half, or the last two minutes. GET THE KID ON THE FIELD!

I suppose that as long as the Bills are mathematically not eliminated, MM feels like he must start Drew. I disagree, but hey, that's why he makes the big bucks. But, if he still starts Drew after another loss, he will officially have achieved moron status.

because it will be a headstart for next year,drew is done and i'd rather jp get more than just training camp to be ready for next season,plus i think with jp in there we will definately try and run the ball more and not ask jp to do too much

129931[/snapback]

I think the question right now is how much faith do you have in the Bills coaching staff and footbsll braintrust. I think MM has had the hiccups typical of a rookie HC I think they really lost control of the game and clock at the half yesterday when they called a TO that was sensless to the announcers and to me, failed to covert, kicked a chipshot FG and left the Rams with 30 secinds or so that fortunately meant nothing since the Rams did nothing after some good kick coverage by us)and some bad breaks on top of it (Jax has several prayers answered at the end of the first game and the refs made several bad calls in the Oak game).

However, though they got spanked by a much better coach and team in NE, the braintrust has righted the ship of state and there is a proven track record of offensive and QB management that gives me faith in them.

The question is will they start JP when he is ready and not a moment sooner and not a moment later. I think they will and I'm comfortable that they are not likely to rush his development by starting him before he is ready. This probably means that the JP era starts in 2005 (though i suspect he will get a healthy dose of playing time in a mop-up or 1 quarter role that will probably suit his development well.

If he earns more playing time from his performance then play him more, but if there are more appearances like his last star turn in the waning moments of the Pats game then taking it slow sounds good for his development.

I'm a huge Losman fan and do believe he is the future but we easily could be 7-3 (Three close losses) right now.

One more loss and my vote goes to putting Losman in for the remaining games.  I'd like to see if we can win out first.  I know it's not likely but I'd like to give JP some time to learn the system.

129814[/snapback]

Luckily we aren't 7-3----cuz we are a 4-6 team in quality.Lets not kid ourselves about this team. If we were 7-3 there would be calls for DB to play another year and that would doom this franchise. We need Losman + a good DE + a good corner to be a playoff type team. And having a misleading record would only delay our real progress.