Would a move to a 3-4 be as tough as first thought?

sven233

3-4 starts with the NT and we don't have one. We need at least 2-3 on this roster in case of injuries. Stroud would be nothing but a LDE in a 3-4. LB's? Maybin might be one, other than that we need 3 more and NO I am not sold on Poz period.

Yep - those NT's are hard to find and can cost a ton. The teams that have them, prize them. The collegiate ones get snapped up, and there is always the questions about if they can play the pro game.

As well as the types of LBs and DEs you need to have.

I wish'em luck if they are going to make that change. They better flash the big cash...

I still do not get the love with the 3-4. Both super bowl teams and 3 of the 4 conf. champ. teams were 4-3. Ok, so switching would let our O see it during the week. Big woopee, they have all seen it at least 6 times this past year, they should know what to expect. I think we need to get away from the Tampa-2 version of the 4-3, but that doesn't mean that we have to switch completely. I really think we are maybe 2 players away from a very good 4-3 defense (a better MLB that can move Poz outside, and another DT/DE assuming Schobel doesn't retire). We are MUCH MUCH further away than that if we want to move to a 3-4.

Yep - those NT's are hard to find and can cost a ton. The teams that have them, prize them. The collegiate ones get snapped up, and there is always the questions about if they can play the pro game.

As well as the types of LBs and DEs you need to have.

I wish'em luck if they are going to make that change. They better flash the big cash...

It's a really good thing we have Donte Whitner and not Haloti Ngata.

Why is everyone so enamored with the 3-4....if you have personnel to play it you play it. If you have personnel for a 4-3 you play it. Most people have no clue what they are talking about it and if sounds fashoinable so they talk about it. You do realize those in a 3-4 play cover 2 all the time don't you? You also realize the Bills played cover 2 only about a third of all snaps?

And you have a clue what you're taling about? Teams in 3-4 do not play cover-2 'all the time'. At the end of the day it's called football, you get good players and play. Thanks for your brilliant insight though.