Chan Gailey from a KC fan.....

Bash_Gash

"I thought that he got a raw deal when Todd Haley fired him right before the beginning of the season. I'm guessing that the'r opposing philosophies clashed, and Todd wanted to run the offense the way he wanted to run it, so he fired Chan.

With that said, Gailey was an awesome OC for the Chiefs last year, during the Herm regime. He made Tyler Thigpen look like a star QB, which he wasn't obviously. The guy knew we had a bunch of crap, and was still able to make it work. He changed our offense into a weird pistol offense, but we started doubling our offensive production, so the dude knows his crap. If you guys can get a good D coordinator, I think your offense will be good. I liked Chan a lot."

What exactly is a pistol offense?

"I thought that he got a raw deal when Todd Haley fired him right before the beginning of the season. I'm guessing that the'r opposing philosophies clashed, and Todd wanted to run the offense the way he wanted to run it, so he fired Chan.

With that said, Gailey was an awesome OC for the Chiefs last year, during the Herm regime. He made Tyler Thigpen look like a star QB, which he wasn't obviously. The guy knew we had a bunch of crap, and was still able to make it work. He changed our offense into a weird pistol offense, but we started doubling our offensive production, so the dude knows his crap. If you guys can get a good D coordinator, I think your offense will be good. I liked Chan a lot."

It's when the coach stands behind the QB during practice and if the QB doesn't release the ball within three seconds, the coach shoots the QB in the back of the ankles. Sort of a derivation of the Tuna's count to three technique. :thumbdown:

Our offense made everyone wish they had a pistol. And one bullet. And a T-shirt.

The pistol offense is kind of the new thing at the college level. It where the QB stands in a mini-shotgun look. QB is usually 5 yards back on shotgun snap and are now at more like 3 yards. The Running Back stands directly behind the QB at about 7 yards so its sort of like a modified I formation without the FB