[closed]If you don't want Chan Gailey, then you shouldn't want

Fingon

Let me get this straight, the guy who Bill Cowher (the one coach almost this entire board revered as the savior of the franchise) picks Gailey to be his successor in Pittsburgh, and when we hire him the entire board views the move as terrible?

If you hate the move so much, than you must believe that Bill Cowher is overrated for hyping up a terrible coach. Therefore, you should not want him as our HC.

Let me get this straight, the guy who Bill Cowher (the one coach almost this entire board revered as the savior of the franchise) picks Gailey to be his successor in Pittsburgh, and when we hire him the entire board views the move as terrible?

If you hate the move so much, than you must believe that Bill Cowher is overrated for hyping up a terrible coach. Therefore, you should not want him as our HC.

amen brother. I like this guy.

Bill Cowher touted Gailey to Pitt when he left in 2007. The steelers basically told him to get bent hired Tomlin and won a superbowl. Gailey meanwhile since that time has been fired from 2 jobs in the past 2 years, and we're suppouse to want Gailey because some people who had their heads up Cowher's ass know their "savoir" touted him. Brilliant :thumbsup:

That logic is retarded.

Marv Levy wanted Dick Jauron to be HC. Using that logic, we must think that Levy is a terrible coach right?

Cowher could have recommended Gailey for any number of reasons. When a guy helps you win, you tend to have a loyalty to that person. It doesn't surprise me that Cowher likes Gailey, but that in no way, shape, or form makes your logic rational.

No, that logic means that Marv Levy was a terrible GM, which I think everyone agrees. I'll reserve judgment on Gailey until I see who his staff is going to be.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.