Obituary of the Buffalo Bills

First off, this coaching search screwiness reminds me of the dismantling of the Buffalo Braves as John Y Brown prepared to move them elsewhere. There are some differences. The Bills do not yet have a new owner, but that is a matter of short time.

Having trouble finding a decent GM, getting rejected at every step for even a good second tier coach and a team of mismatches does not bode well for having a team in Buffalo for very much longer, maybe not even next year.

That being said, I would like to remember better times, like upon moving to Buffalo in the mid sixties seeing them make a run at the first now known as the SuperBowl... then I think Championship after the merger. Watching OJ run crazy despite the Bills losing... Denis Shaw, Walt Patulsk, Tony Green (SP?). The Electric Company... Chasing The Bills down Delaware Ave on my Banana seat bike and having OJ slap us 5 and hand us oranges. OJ signing a superman comic book in Buffalo airport. Jim Kelly and Bruce signing a football for my Mom who is handicap.... her two favorite players. Watching the come back against Houston in Grevey's in Fairfax, VA with all the other Buffalo transplants and going nuts... And many others....

But now I just feel melancholy.

RIP Buffalo Bills

Giving up easy would have been giving up in 2002. 8 years later he is still a fan. Those 8 years have been everything but easy.

And I am not giving up, just acknowledging what no one want to admit. Short of a someone coming in on a White Horse and wresting the reins away from Wilson's death grip, this ship has sailed. I give The Bills a 10% chance in the next two years or being rescued...

Still 10% is hope, though not much else and I will always be a fan.

First off, this coaching search screwiness reminds me of the dismantling of the Buffalo Braves as John Y Brown prepared to move them elsewhere. There are some differences. The Bills do not yet have a new owner, but that is a matter of short time.

Having trouble finding a decent GM, getting rejected at every step for even a good second tier coach and a team of mismatches does not bode well for having a team in Buffalo for very much longer, maybe not even next year.

That being said, I would like to remember better times, like upon moving to Buffalo in the mid sixties seeing them make a run at the first now known as the SuperBowl... then I think Championship after the merger. Watching OJ run crazy despite the Bills losing... Denis Shaw, Walt Patulsk, Tony Green (SP?). The Electric Company... Chasing The Bills down Delaware Ave on my Banana seat bike and having OJ slap us 5 and hand us oranges. OJ signing a superman comic book in Buffalo airport. Jim Kelly and Bruce signing a football for my Mom who is handicap.... her two favorite players. Watching the come back against Houston in Grevey's in Fairfax, VA with all the other Buffalo transplants and going nuts... And many others....

RIP Buffalo Bills

I agree, the organization is preparing for greener pastures. Its a business first, who can honestly blame them.

With that in mind, I have enjoyed having a professional football team in WNY. As with anything in life, with time, things change. I would think this organization will be gone from this area by 2014.

It is what it is, enjoy it while its still here.

I agree, the organization is preparing for greener pastures. Its a business first, who can honestly blame them.

With that in mind, I have enjoyed having a professional football team in WNY. As with anything in life, with time, things change. I would think this organization will be gone from this area by 2014.

It is what it is, enjoy it while its still here.

People, Whats up? So negative. Wait and see what happens. It's entertainment and we are rooting for the underdogs.

THE B-) UNDERDOGS.

The Bad news Bears of pro sports.

2010 is the year of the underdog. The Jets are doing it. Why not the BILLS?? Every time I see Rex Ryan celebrate kicking the crap out of the "favorite" lovely. I think why not the BILLS?

GO BILLS!! ;)

People, Whats up? So negative. Wait and see what happens. It's entertainment and we are rooting for the underdogs.

THE B-) UNDERDOGS.

The Bad news Bears of pro sports.

2010 is the year of the underdog. The Jets are doing it. Why not the BILLS?? Every time I see Rex Ryan celebrate kicking the crap out of the "favorite" lovely. I think why not the BILLS?

GO BILLS!! ;)

Man, I live in the shadow of Walt Disney World and cannot muster an upbeat delusion. I think if a white knoght was out there, they would have to wait to show themselves until Wilson passes on, then bid among others for an overvalued organization. There are several reasons why I do not see a happy ending for Buffalo fans. I would love to paint a scenario where I could see it happening, but I have to agree with the poster.

Let's hope that Frazier or someone else who is competent becomes the head coach, and that they make the team competitive in spite of the management procedures and policies, and let's enjoy the Bills for whatever time they have left before they become a memory.

I live in Winchester. Where do you guys watch games these days?

RIP Buffalo Bills