Jim Leavitt Fired

Jim Leavitt became the third coach fired this year after a player reports mistreatment.

Quick bio on Jim:

Played for Missouri from 1974-1978

Became defensive coordinator for University of Dubuque in 1980

Joined Morningside College in 1982 as a special teams coordinator and DC

Joined Kansas State in 1990 as a LB coach and promoted to DC/LB coach in 1992 turning a fledgling defense into one of the top rated D's in NCAA

In 1995 he left K State to start the program at USF where he recruited for a year

1997 USF enters NCAA 1AA ranks and goes 27-17 from 1997 to 2000

The Bulls move up to 1A (FBS) as an Independent and go 17-5

USF joins Conference USA and accumulate a record of 11-11 before joining the Big East in 2005

From 2005-2009, USF goes 40-24 with 5 bowl appearances and 3 wins

To me those are pretty impressive credentials, especially for building a winning program in Florida when you have to recruit against schools like Miami, Florida, Florida State with long standing traditions and winning records. As a WVU fan I can tell you that his defenses are very very tough to beat with USF upsetting WVU on a few occasions, especially shattering our National Title chances in 2007 after shutting down Pat White and Steve Slaton.

I feel the guy should get a look from NFL coaches looking to fill a DC position or at the very least a LB coach.

high street, morgantown, WV Thursday through saturday nights :huh:

To clear the air early, I'm not pushing Leavitt for HC or anything, but the guy should at least get some NFL consideration in a coaching position.

high street, morgantown, WV Thursday through saturday nights :huh:

To clear the air early, I'm not pushing Leavitt for HC or anything, but the guy should at least get some NFL consideration in a coaching position.

take me home country roads to some of that!

Jim Leavitt became the third coach fired this year after a player reports mistreatment.

Quick bio on Jim:

Played for Missouri from 1974-1978

Became defensive coordinator for University of Dubuque in 1980

Joined Morningside College in 1982 as a special teams coordinator and DC

Joined Kansas State in 1990 as a LB coach and promoted to DC/LB coach in 1992 turning a fledgling defense into one of the top rated D's in NCAA

In 1995 he left K State to start the program at USF where he recruited for a year

1997 USF enters NCAA 1AA ranks and goes 27-17 from 1997 to 2000

The Bulls move up to 1A (FBS) as an Independent and go 17-5

USF joins Conference USA and accumulate a record of 11-11 before joining the Big East in 2005

From 2005-2009, USF goes 40-24 with 5 bowl appearances and 3 wins

To me those are pretty impressive credentials, especially for building a winning program in Florida when you have to recruit against schools like Miami, Florida, Florida State with long standing traditions and winning records. As a WVU fan I can tell you that his defenses are very very tough to beat with USF upsetting WVU on a few occasions, especially shattering our National Title chances in 2007 after shutting down Pat White and Steve Slaton.

I feel the guy should get a look from NFL coaches looking to fill a DC position or at the very least a LB coach.

What did he do make the guy stay up later than 10pm to study the playbook?

These players are becoming very fem recently.

Although the coach should know better any corporal punishment is illegal and civilly actionable also.

Very true, but the victims own father has said that the hit never happened and that the coach grabbed his son's shoulder pads while talking to him to lift his spirits. The player in question is sophomore RB Joel Miller who had probably been benched after getting an illegal block penalty and poor special teams play vs. Louisville.

Very true, but the victims own father has said that the hit never happened and that the coach grabbed his son's shoulder pads while talking to him to lift his spirits. The player in question is sophomore RB Joel Miller who had probably been benched after getting an illegal block penalty and poor special teams play vs. Louisville.

The dad sounds like the anti-Craig James.