Teams Needing QBs

BobbyC81

I analyzed which teams may be wanting to draft a quarterback and there are few who might even use an early round pick on one:

AFC East

Bills- YES!!!!

Dolphins- I'd say No- Pennington may or may not be able to recover from his latest shoulder injury but Henne performed well enough for being inexperienced.

Pats- No- Brady bounced back and is only 32

Jets- No- just got Sanchez

AFC North

Steelers- No- have big Ben

Bengals- No - C.Palmer only 30

Browns- maybe- B.Quinn has had 3 years but like the Bills with Losman, I think they give him a 4th year to make it

Ravens- No- have Flacco

AFC South

Colts- No- Manning soon to be 34 but they don't need to do anything yet

Texans- No- have Schaub

Titans- No- should wait & see if the 2nd half of this year shows V.Young finally the guy

Jags- No- Garrard does good enough

AFC West

Chargers- No- Rivers

Broncos- probably not as Orton did well enough & it wasn't his fault for team's late collapse

Chiefs- No- huge investment in Cassell, who did OK, so he'll get at least another year

Raiders- ??? but probably 1st likely team to think about drafting one- you never know what Al Davis is thinking but speculation is he'll give the big investment in J.Russell more time. They also have Gradkowski, Frye & JP

NFC East

Giants- No- Eli

Eagles- No- McNabb with Kolb waiting in wings

Skins- probably not- Shanahan said he's looking forward to working with Campbell, which could be blowing smoke but I say he tries to work with him for a year

Cowboys- No- Romo- unless he really stinks it up tonight or gets injured

NFC North

Pack- No- Rodgers-

Lions- No- just drafted Stafford

Bears- No- just got Cutler- despite his # of INTs, he should be given more time

Vikes- Maybe- could be time to draft Favre replacement

NFC South

Tampa- No- just got Freeman

Saints- Hell No- Brees

Panthers- probably- Delhomme was horrible so it depends what they think of Moore

Falcons- No- Ryan

NFC West

Niners- probably not- I think Alex Smith showed enough to be given another year

Seahawks- maybe- Hasselbach getting old & brittle. Carroll may want to draft his own guy

Arizona- probably not- Warner old but depends on what they think about Leinhart's development

Rams- very likely- Bulger aging & brittle and Boller a free agent

So, counting Bills, that's 7 teams that may be looking to draft a QB in early rounds

I analyzed which teams may be wanting to draft a quarterback and there are few who might even use an early round pick on one:

AFC East

Bills- YES!!!!

Dolphins- I'd say No- Pennington may or may not be able to recover from his latest shoulder injury but Henne performed well enough for being inexperienced.

AFC North

Browns- maybe- B.Quinn has had 3 years but like the Bills with Losman, I think they give him a 4th year to make it

Ravens- No- have Flacco

AFC South

Texans- No- have Schaub

Titans- No- should wait & see if the 2nd half of this year shows V.Young finally the guy

AFC West

Chargers- No- Rivers

Broncos- probably not as Orton did well enough & it wasn't his fault for team's late collapse

Chiefs- No- huge investment in Cassell, who did OK, so he'll get at least another year

Raiders- ??? but probably 1st likely team to think about drafting one- you never know what Al Davis is thinking but speculation is he'll give the big investment in J.Russell more time. They also have Gradkowski, Frye & JP

NFC East

Giants- No- Eli

Skins- probably not- Shanahan said he's looking forward to working with Campbell, which could be blowing smoke but I say he tries to work with him for a year

Cowboys- No- Romo- unless he really stinks it up tonight or gets injured

NFC North

Pack- No- Rodgers-

NFC South

Saints- Hell No- Brees

Panthers- probably- Delhomme was horrible so it depends what they think of Moore

Falcons- No- Ryan

NFC West

Seahawks- maybe- Hasselbach getting old & brittle. Carroll may want to draft his own guy

Arizona- probably not- Warner old but depends on what they think about Leinhart's development

So, counting Bills, that's 7 teams that may be looking to draft a QB in early rounds

Brohm

If we are gonna look to the draft for a QB both the Ben RoboQB in Pitts or the Tpm Brady route have worked once in a blue moon in the past. However, given the blue moon nature of finding a franchise QB, I think it makes more sense to go for the later pick whom you might develop than to exert a 1st rounder in the expectation of getting Manning instead of Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, or even JP Losman in the chain of 1st round QB expenditures who just do not produce.

AFC East

Bills- YES!!!!

AFC North

Ravens- No- have Flacco

AFC South

Texans- No- have Schaub

AFC West

Chargers- No- Rivers

NFC East

Giants- No- Eli

Skins- probably not- Shanahan said he's looking forward to working with Campbell, which could be blowing smoke but I say he tries to work with him for a yearCowboys- No- Romo- unless he really stinks it up tonight or gets injured

NFC North

Pack- No- Rodgers-

NFC South

Saints- Hell No- Brees

Falcons- No- Ryan

NFC West

I think the Jags may go QB if the right guy is there and we all know who that is. Also I think Shanahan is just saying he wants to keep Cambell in hopes that he can trade him. If he says hes not his guy and everyone knows he wants to move him he wont get jack for him.