Russ Grimm fans

bkc

I have to say I never really got the Russ Grimm love affair but If we are going after Leslie Frazier I will drive to Arizona to pick up Big Russ

Wivb reports Russ turned down an interview request from the Bills.Now this is getting just plain sad. :D

Because he's still under contract and still in the playoffs, don't the Bills have to get permission from the Cardinals FO before they can even ask for an interview? Maybe they turned the Bills down and Grimm is just following the party line?

Grimm can't interview until the Cardinals are eliminated. Or at least, not without special permission. "Rejected" is different than "Said he was busy with the playoffs"

Not quite. The Bills would've had to put in a written request to interview Grimm this week and then hold the interview next week. This goes for all assistant coaches involved in wild card games (Grimm, McDermott, Schotty II). Coaches with byes like Frazier have to be interviewed this week.

It's very possible the report is accurate and Grimm rejected an interview request. Which would be disappointing, since he's probably my favorite out of all the candidates without previous head coaching experience.

But it's also possible he doesn't want to think about any coaching opportunities at all until his current team is eliminated.

Not quite. The Bills would've had to put in a written request to interview Grimm this week and then hold the interview next week. This goes for all assistant coaches involved in wild card games (Grimm, McDermott, Schotty II). Coaches with byes like Frazier have to be interviewed this week.

It's very possible the report is accurate and Grimm rejected an interview request. Which would be disappointing, since he's probably my favorite out of all the candidates without previous head coaching experience.

But it's also possible he doesn't want to think about any coaching opportunities at all until his current team is eliminated.

Makes sense. Still, there's a lot of ground between "I don't want the job" and "Talk to me after the playoffs."