La Canfora says he doubts Cowher comes to Buffalo

DarthICE

Wow so you feel that the money is the primary factor. For someone without money or other options I agree with you. But not for someone who has both is my opinion. I guess we agree to disagree :thumbsup:.

actually the more someone has the more they typically want. shannie made a lot in denver, did that stop him from tapping skins for $35MM?

you need to step back and take a deep breath

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think Cowher should step up and at least make a statement about the situation, this thing is all rumors and he is at center of it all.

If it's really that tough to make up your mind about coaching the Buffalo Bills and the money your looking for is available it should be cut and dry. Don't pull a Favre, be a man and say yes or no.

If he doesn't really want to be in Buffalo and is trying to talk himself into it for the money, well I don't want him here.

How is he going to approach his players and motivate them to play hard for the Bills faithful when they all know he is only here for the money?

Not to mention courting free agents to come here, having a coach that by all accounts had to be wrangled into coming here. Talking up the merits of the franchise while all along they know that he himself would have rather gone somewhere else.

Just like everything else on the topic, this is all complete conjecture. We have no idea if the Bills have actually made an offer to Cowher. We don't know if Cowher is seriously considering the Bills "offer". Or if he's just waiting to see what happens in Carolina, first. We don't know anything.

But, the last thing you do, if you're in any stage of negotiations is make a public statement. In my mind, that tells me that Cowher is at least considering the Buffalo job. Now what the holdup is... who knows. But, if he just wasn't interested, I think he'd say so similar to Gruden, Homlgren, Marty S. Does he end up here? I think it depends on a variety of variables - family, other positions (Carolina), money.

The HC and his family have to live in the City, let's not underestimate that. They don't fly in and out like the players. So, Cowher has to sell his wife on the idea of moving to Buffalo. Take it from someone who knows, after a while the wife says.. "but you promised I wouldn't have to live up there any more! I hate winter!" He's got the money. So, he may want the job, but there's more to consider than just the job.