Bills interviewing Marty's son for HC

Kingfish

They stated they were looking at a coach that had previous head coaching experience, that leaves a bunch at the door.

The weakest area of this team is the offense, scheme, O line, play calling. It would be smarter to hire an offensive minded coach WITH head coaching experience, preferably someone who built a winner in the past

Brian Billick-Jon Gruden-Mike Shanahan,Marc Trestman (CFL) maybe Steve Mariucci who did have winning teams while with the 49ers.

The only other offensive minded coach but didn't get a fair chance to build a winner might be Cam Cameron. I'd think he would love to get a shot a the Dolphins 2x a year for firing him.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

maybe he realized like we all did there are maybe 2-3 former HCs out there worth a damn....

if we are looking at coordinators i'd like russ grimm along with schot or rivera.

Reasons to like these guys:

I like rivera because he is a 3-4 guy

i like schot because he runs the effing football on 3rd and 3 which no one else in this league does

I like Billick because he has won with great defense and running the football (even if he said he knew qbs, haha)

so what can we take from Nix wanting to interview these 3 guys?

he cares about running the football and great defensive, specifically the 3-4 since that is the trademark on all of these guy's teams.

what is there to NOT like about this? This is EXACTLY what we should have in buffalo.

Yep. I'd put Billick and Rivera ahead of Schot, who has a great Oline to work with.

Let's hope one of them will even consider the job.

Best case scenario would be to lure Marty out of retirement and have his son run the offense w/ the Assistant Head Coach title. That way it isn't a lateral move so the Jets can't ask for compensation. In the mean time Marty grooms his kid for HC job and then when he leaves slides up to the front office in a consultant's role. People talk about Marty and the playoffs, he lost to some pretty good teams(including the Bills 2 yrs.) and has been done in by fumbles(Byner and Hart after the Brady interception), the Drive and an extremely bad kicker in really cold KC temperatures(Lin Elliot). Also got screwed over on a bad call against Denver when Tony Gonzales hauled in a TD and they said he was out of bounds. Great coach.. they would take back in a second in KC. Problem is just doesn't sound like he's coming out of retirement.

Maybe I'm ignorant on the subject, but has his Jets offenses been anything to rave about? I haven't looked up the stats, but they looked atrocious in both games against the Bills this year, none of which were in Orchard Park. Especially with the talent on that offensive line? Their 4th or 5th best lineman is better than our best lineman. Eh, whatever.

Don't they have the #1 rushing offense?

FWIW, I don't think coaches and coordinators under contract can just up and move to a new job unless it's for an upgrade in their job description. So, coordinators being mentioned would need to become at least an AHC to be allowed to make the move. SD and NY aren't going to let their star coordinators just walk out the door.

He has a rookie QB with minimal college experience. I think he might be a good fit as he would try and Leon Washington, I am sure who would be great 3rd down back and KO returner. I'd bet we would be better off with aguy with experience however.

I hope he would bring a lot more than Leon Washington dude... that's a terrible reason to want him as coach. Good point on the rookie QB though.