Marty next please...

rpcolosi

I've posted numerous times the past 2 years about this and I'll say it again. this team needs a guy like Schottenheimer as head coach. I don't care if he is old and retired. the dude can flat out coach and bring hte best out of his players. Getting him in here for a few years with Brian and eventually letting the kid take over isn't a bad idea.

We all know Schot has never been to the big dance and has a bad playoff record but so what at this point. Nix is right its a watered down league these days... some of those Schottenheimer teams would do extremely well in today's NFL. The concept of running on 3rd and 3 has all but escaped NFL offenses these days (unless its a draw play from a shotgun). Some martyball might do wonders... and I know it would go over well with this fan.

here's a link to an article regarding him and nix...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22333434/

All but a done deal, it sounds like:

“If true, I believe a Buddy Nix-Marty Schottenheimer team in Atlanta would be a perfect fit,” Smith told the newspaper. “Buddy got along well with Schottenheimer. They socialized together, went out to dinner, golfed together, sat together on the plane, talked football all the time.”

In 21 years of coaching, Marty has had just 2 losing seasons.

Martyball is how a football team in Buffalo should be built, and with Nix as GM (the GM/HC relationship is the ultimate symbiotic relationship in football), they could build the football team the way they want to. All this extracurricular football fraternizing between Nix and Schottenheimer just goes to show that they would be on the same page and could come to a mutual agreement with regards to football operations.

this team needs a guy like Schottenheimer as head coach. I don't care if he is old and retired. the dude can flat out coach and bring the best out of his players. Getting him in here for a few years with Brian and eventually letting the kid take over isn't a bad idea.

Love the idea of using the older dogs to set the tone and support/guide the new generation. Even if Marty is not an option Brian could be knowing that his father and Nix are in the wings. Would definitely be interesting. Everyone knows the Jets can run the ball (right through the bills defense :censored: ). But the risk is that Brian is not his father and the players know this and if he is not ready to teach and lead like Nix wants it may be another hitch in the Bills giddy up.