Cower maybe more of a reality then people might think

Poeticlaw

Buddy Nix and Marty Schottenheimer are close friends said to be looking for a job together and "Cowher began his coaching career in 1985 at age 28 under Marty Schottenheimer with the Cleveland Browns. He was the Browns' special teams coach in 1985–86 and secondary coach in 1987–88 before following Schottenheimer to the Kansas City Chiefs in 1989 as defensive coordinator."

IF Marty and Cower are close and Buddy and Marty are close there could be a posibility that the connections could lead Cower to be our next head coach. I found it odd that Cower was the first name to come out of Jimbos nmouth and for many of us fans he has been our first choice all along. Maybe being overly optmistic but I think it might be more of a reality then many of us think.

I do not think Kelly has any inside knowledge about Buddy's list. But the Nix-Schottenheimer-Cowher connection is certainly interesting.

I really liked Nix's interview with Chris Brown - he was adamant that he will be quick and aggressive in his coaching search.

It was also interesting how he stated that if they do not land a top voach it will not be Ralph's fault. Clearly Ralph has indicated he's willing to provide whatever resources are needed to land a top coach. That's no guarantee of a major signing of course, but it eliminates a major obstacle.