Why not Haslett?

Dr. Trooth

Some like, him some don't.

But, consider that he's done nothing special, regardless of whether he's been a coordinator or HC.

1) Has a track record of one good season (usually his first), and then mediocrity from there.

2) Somewhat of a micro manager. Documented that in NO he even would patrol the offices when he got in early and look for stuff out of line like copy paper, desks neat, etc.

3) History of alienating, being confrontational and jetisoning decent players. Roaf, Fields, Turley, Ricky Williams, Aaron Books, and a few others... although Turley & Williams may have deserved it at te time.

4) Publicly ratted out Kent Hull (a Bill that would qualify for sainthood) for using steroids, a claim that Hull vehemently denied and could be evidenced by the fact that he played at a svelt 265 lbs. at 6'4". Hull's strength and toughness came from his background as a Missippi farm boy that probably tossed bails of hay from the time he could walk. I especially found it hypocritical of Haslett, who went to Indiana State in the mid 70s as a 180 lb. DB and came out a 235 lb. inside LB that started right away with the Bills. 235 lbs in that era was considered pretty big and comparable to 250 -255 today for an ILB. Putting on 50 lbs. of muscle in 4 years in mid 70s when steroids were rampant... draw your own conclusions.

5) Dude kicked Terry Bradshaw in the head when he was on the ground in a playoff game. Well, I ain't opposed to that behavior once and a while, but he chastised Kyle Turley for the same type of crap.

If the Bills bring him in, they'd have to have a competent GM that ain't afraid to get in his face and tell him to cut the crap. Don't know about you, but the thought of a HC that needs some scrutiny and supervision doesn't appeal to me at all.

3) History of alienating, being confrontational and jetisoning decent players. Roaf, Fields, Turley, Ricky Williams, Aaron Books, and a few others... although Turley & Williams may have deserved it at te time.

"We make mistakes sometimes," Horn told ESPN, "but that is one mistake Joe Horn did not make. I did not sleep with Willie Roaf's wife."

If you look at his record in New Orleans he had one good season 10-6, his first. Which means the team was good before he got there. The team basically went downhill from there in a mediocre division.

In 6 years at NO he went 45-51 and his last he went 3-13, blame it on the hurricane if you like but it looks like he lost the team. This guy looks like another Dick Jauron to me. :censored:

This Bills team needs people who are on the level of Bill Belichick if they are to take the AFC East division.

I'd rather see Haslett become the DC and let Charlie Weiss get a shot at OC if anything.

Weiss was responsible for mentoring Tom Brady, he certainly would be an upgrade to what Buffalo currently has coaching the offense.