Out Of My 30 Plus Years Of Being A Fan

BuffaloBaumer

yes that Steelers team did field a 3rd unit with James Harrison and Willie Parker. Which is considerably better than the 3rd unit we have :thumbsup: and probably our 1st unit well :thumbsup:

Actually, that game had meaning for the Bills (It was Mularkey's first season). A Bills win and a Jets loss meant going to the playoffs, But alas, the Bills played like it was meaningless and the Steelers 3rd stringers played like it was for the holy grail. The Jets did lose, so it was an opportunity squandered.

Actually, that game had meaning for the Bills (It was Mularkey's first season). A Bills win and a Jets loss meant going to the playoffs, But alas, the Bills played like it was meaningless and the Steelers 3rd stringers played like it was for the holy grail. The Jets did lose, so it was an opportunity squandered.

I'll rephrase myself, their 3rd stringers that year are better than the Bills 1st stringers at the moment. That Steelers team was deep.

But I agree with what you said. Apparently, I could have made my point more clearly

:thumbsup: Remember the last time the Bills played a contender in a meaningless game at the end of the season? It was the Steelers. They didn't even keep their second stringers in the game very long. The third stringers looked like superstars and kicked our butt. So why look ahead and hope for a gift win?

Next week we play a New England team that needs the win to stay ahead of Miami and the Jets. One masochistic experience at a time, please. After we blow that game, then I'll start thinking about what's next.

I'm actually a little excite for this game. Playing NE well is kin of a make or break for Perry, Fitz et al. They are really playing for their futures this time. Granted they'll probably lose, but they'll be doing while swinging for the bleachers. Could be entertaining to watch.....

....or, you know, the most depressing thing ever. one or the other.

Actually, that might not even be true because I was actually wanting KC to win. I knew Buffalo would win since I wished a loss upon them. Oh well, just another day of frustration even with the victory. How does this team get more and more boring every single week?

Having been here for all 50, I wish I could tell ya it was going to get better!